iDRY Vacuum Kilns

This is only a test...

Started by sprucebunny, June 19, 2004, 09:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Nice , I thought for a minute that you had chatered a flight and had taken a picture of yor conifere forest , not a aerial so its a lanrial  ;) ,. That looks alot like caribou food.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

If 5 feet counts as aerial (thanks Jeff) it's aerial.But if you mean "landrial" it might be 'cause I was standing on the ground....Such as it was. ??? OK, Well maybe I was standing in water ....but it wasn't deep.

Is that what caribou eat?

I've thought of getting a scenic flight at the local small airport. They're only about $60
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

Caribou are herbivores. Their main food source is lichens, which gives caribou an advantage in the more harsh northern areas of its range where vegetation is scarce. The common "caribou moss" is actually a type of lichen (Cladonia rangiferina), which is a major food for caribou. Caribou also eat vegetation such as grasses, sedges, birch and willow leaves, and mosses.

I didn't write that ;D all's I did was clic on the mouse  ;) ;), moss is to lichen as corn is to grits in my book ;D ;D ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

I can understand that moss and lichen would seem alike. I'm very nearsighted and like examining tiny plants so I appreciate the different forms of the two things even if I don't know many of the names.
Also like ferns alot.And all the "ground pines".All these things are ancient. The land I got has lots of different kinds of all these things .  ;D

Norm

Go to your local airport and tell them you want to take that scenic flight SB, I did and enjoyed it so much I came back for lessons. On the first ride they put me in the left seat taxi'ed out to the runway, and pointed it down the runway. I more or less flew the reast of the trip except for the landing. Great time and great scenery.

Murf

I like to take aerial photographs, my missus an' Deputy Dog are less than impressed when  Iroll the plane over sideways to get a good shot.

They don't even believe when I say falling out of a plane doesn't happen, and even if it did, the long fall doesn't ever kill you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom that gets ya' .....

Oh well, here's my winter 'cabin' from an aerial point of view.

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sprucebunny

Nice photo. :) Funny lookin roof tho....and the floor looks wet.  :D

Furby

I think that's an Island, and I think I see an airport, but everything else is lost on me.
Can ya give us a little info on the place Murf?

Murf

New Providence Island, The Bahamas.

That is the Island that Nassau sits on, the smaller island at about the 1 o'clock position is Paradise Island. My place is at about the 4 or 5 o'clock position, on the left side of the big white blotch, a subdivision just being built at the time.

From a slightly lower altitude it looks like this.  ;)

Notice I even found a picture with my pine trees in it, not just palms.  :P

sprucebunny

Looks so nice and warm and relaxing.
Must be a nice change from the frozen north.

Furby

Thanks for the info, but now I'm having second thoughts about asking.  :-/ Seeing those pics are a real drag when I'm stuck here in the cold!  ;D

Murf

Yeah, I have a heck of a time down there, the sand chews up the sliders on the ole' snowmobile sumtin' fierce.

I can barely make it to the Tiki Bar and back on a new set.  ;D

Don't feel too bad, I've been stuck up here lots the last two years too, chained to the Doctor's office.

Hopefully I'll get paroled this winter, I'll have to be extra nice to the Warden this Christmas.

sprucebunny

Well.. I hope you get to go to your warm place this year but if you can't get there, I could take care of it for you for a month or so ;D ??? 8)

Fla._Deadheader

I youster go to Nassau. Been there many times on Treasure Huntin Boats. Youster fly in and land on Paradise Island. Now, they are building them houses. The other Airport is a long ways, by them Bahama Taxi's. ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

I keep getting notification from this thread but it hasn't any new post for a month now.  ???  :-/
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Your High tension, super frantic, fidgdity, up-east computer is probably anticipating posts.  The guys down here have been intending on making some post but just can't seem to get around to it.   I have it on good authoity that one of these days someone will write something.  Been meaning to for a long time. :D

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D

I know it's over welming and compelling to think that about my computer, but don't be so darn shy. ;)

:D :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

This is probably one of the silliest places I ever heard of somebody slapping a notify on. :D  This is where people come and test stuff, including me, then delete it when they are through. I'm actually thinking of deleting this before swampdonkey can see this post! :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Too late I caught ya with yer suspendors down. :D :D

And here I thought this was a ligit thread.  You guys are too quick for me, but not this time.  :D

Jeff

testing a profile preference setting
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

David B

Machine and welding shop day job, trees after work.