The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: iveco rebuild  (Read 1339 times)

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
iveco rebuild
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »
i am doing an inframe on the motor in the rottne. its apart head is off the pistons are out. it looks to be a very well built motor. 6 head bolts for each cylinder oil cooled pistons. keystone top rings with iron insert. it may be a bit of a mutt tho. the pistons say ford on them the rods iveco and the bearings have the new Holland logo on them. i was told of someone that works for iveco fpt marine. i called him and he says he can get the parts. he is coming here in the am. it is the 7.5l genesis motor. this machine was a repo and it sat for quite a few yrs. some of the cylinders look like they had a little water and a bit of rust. looks like it will clean up ok. and 1 piston was too clean so maybe 1 injector was over fueling and washing that cylinder down. the injectors were a night mare to get out

Offline craigc

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: iveco rebuild
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:48:44 PM »
I have this same motor in my SMV.  I have had it rebuilt twice. I would recommend taking the motor out to do the rebuild.  The first one they did on mine was not a take out so it got rebuilt 3000 hrs later because of this.  This time it is right.   Did you buy this machine out of Indiana?
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:59:12 PM »
I have this same motor in my SMV.  I have had it rebuilt twice. I would recommend taking the motor out to do the rebuild.  The first one they did on mine was not a take out so it got rebuilt 3000 hrs later because of this.  This time it is right.   Did you buy this machine out of Indiana?
where did you get the parts? the new holland called saying they cant get parts or cant be sure of getting the right ones. the only thing you cant do inframe is cam bearings and the rear seal. i have done a lot of inframes since 1975 this one is staying in

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:02:28 PM »
on the engine vin tag dose it say ford nh or iveco? 7.5l or 6.6?

Offline Dom

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 07:57:46 PM »
Rottne Canada still had engine parts for these a few years ago, but the engine has been out of production for quite some years now. ROCAN had bought the last lot of engines in 2007.
some people would replace the main bearings every few years just to be safe as it was easy to do. Many of those engines made it over 30,000 hrs. Keep it going!

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Rottne Canada still had engine parts for these a few years ago, but the engine has been out of production for quite some years now. ROCAN had bought the last lot of engines in 2007.
some people would replace the main bearings every few years just to be safe as it was easy to do. Many of those engines made it over 30,000 hrs. Keep it going!
the rod bearings show a little wear but not a lot. i will roll a set of mains in

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 04:56:39 PM »
the iveco guy was here today. he thought the motor looked real good for having 18000hrs. pistons looked good and will be reused. it dose need valve guides as they are out of spec. the boatyard is looking for the parts hopefully they can find them on this side of the Atlantic. after new holland telling its dealer to not even try to get the parts. dont think i wood buy a blue tractor. the nh dealer told me they once waited 3 months for a transmission. bet that framer wasnt happy

Offline chevytaHOE5674

• Forester
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
Sounds like you need a better NH dealer. Helped a neighbor of mine rebuild a Genesis motor last hay season and our local dealer was able to get everything we needed. We did an out of frame and put in all new bearings, new crank, rods, pistons, had the head rebuilt. Machine went down on a Friday AM, by Saturday we had it torn down and parts ordered, and by the following Monday it was back in the field.

Offline rick f

• Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
Snowstorm was that the dealer on Rt. 17 or the one on the river road headed toward Waterville ? Just cuirous, the one on rt. 17 I found to be hard to deal with. good luck on the rebuild.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 08:02:17 PM »
Snowstorm was that the dealer on Rt. 17 or the one on the river road headed toward Waterville ? Just cuirous, the one on rt. 17 I found to be hard to deal with. good luck on the rebuild.
you mean the friendly folks [ as they call then selves ] on 17. they are useless. the parts guy in knox tried. he called the new holland head office they told him it could have been built just for rottne. and they told him to tell me i was out of luck. they wanted nothing to do with it. a lot of the iveco part # are the same as nh # 

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 08:17:20 PM »
Sounds like you need a better NH dealer. Helped a neighbor of mine rebuild a Genesis motor last hay season and our local dealer was able to get everything we needed. We did an out of frame and put in all new bearings, new crank, rods, pistons, had the head rebuilt. Machine went down on a Friday AM, by Saturday we had it torn down and parts ordered, and by the following Monday it was back in the field.
the way there parts system works they cant look it up by engine # only tractor model

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »
the parts are on there way finally. i toke the injectors in to have them rebuilt. $1000 for parts to rebuild 6 injectors. seems like plenty

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Iveco trucks

Started by stumpy on Sawmills and Milling

4 Replies
Last post October 09, 2009, 04:23:35 PM
by shinnlinger
thumbup
Iveco Electric Work Truck

Started by Fla._Deadheader on Alternative methods and solutions

6 Replies
Last post October 16, 2009, 04:29:29 PM
by Fla._Deadheader