iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Restoration under way

Started by slider, April 14, 2014, 08:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Not just sweet.....but SWEET!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sawguy21

I wouldn't get in that cab with muddy boots. That is really nice.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

Above and beyond, without a doubt!

Magicman

Oh Yes!!  You are gonna hafta spell "pride" with a capital "P".   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

julio

DANG !!!!!! That looks great , what a great project . 8) 8)
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

customsawyer

I will have to take my boots off to go for a ride.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

I will see if I can find you some flip flops Jake.Wonder if walmart has them in a size 15.
al glenn

WDH

I don't want to see that  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

I was going to wear some this morning but my little piggies might get cold.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

samandothers

Man oh man what a beauty!  You do some kind of great work!

slider

I'm still plugging away.The front is almost finished.I had to fab up some conduit for the turn signal wires.It's no longer available from pete.I can't stand loose wiring.The hood cowl took about 4 hrs to polish out but it was worth it.Check out the support brackets and fender lamp bracket that I had powder coated they go well with the gold paint .

al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Are ya gonna bring it to the Sycamore project next year? and raffle it off?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Nope, he is gonna drive it to the Chickin Crispin.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

slider

David you might have something there.I saw one like this on the net a while back.He was asking 75,000.Lynn thanks for the invite but this old girl only gets about 6 mpg on a good day although this truck has been through your state more times than I can remember.
al glenn

Magicman

OK, I understand and the highway does go both ways.  move_it Truck there.... Chickin Crispin here.  smiley_thumbsup

FayettesFinest

This is definitely a sharp truck to say the least. My dad had a Pete 359 when I was younger. Hot pink with electric blue stripes and every chrome piece available. We went on vacation and it got torched in our driveway. We believe it had something to do with a dispute with our neighbors. His had a 425 Formula Cummins (bumped up from 350hp) with a 9spd. I've always loved these old Petes. Definitely fond of the twin stick as I've been around old R model Macks my whole life and that was the first truck I've ever drove. My eyes light up every time I see an old 359 like a little kid on Christmas morning. Seeing this might make everything I look at catch on fire. This is nothing short of awesome and keep up the good work!

BTW, is the CAT powerplant a 1693 or a 3406?
A handful of junk saws and a junk F250

slider

Thanks for the complement Fayettsfinest.I see you go back a ways if you know what a 1693 is.It is a 3406b .  It's got spicer boxes both overdrives with a 286 in wheel base .I started out in an R model as well.
al glenn

Autocar

Looking better every time you show it !
Bill

FayettesFinest

Quote from: slider on November 18, 2014, 07:55:16 AM
Thanks for the complement Fayettsfinest.I see you go back a ways if you know what a 1693 is.It is a 3406b .  It's got spicer boxes both overdrives with a 286 in wheel base .I started out in an R model as well.

Yeah, I've been around trucks my whole life and my dad has tought me a lot about the older stuff because it's what he likes and we can't afford new stuff, lol. I learn more every day. Since it's not a 1693, you can set the 3406 up with a nice set of straight pipes and a jake. That will tickle your neighbors to death! I was brought up around the R's, 359s, and even was blessed with the opportunity to be around a K100 with a KTA600 Cummins at a young age. They don't make stuff like they used to, and it's great to see you bringing this truck back to life. I wish I could have an opportunity like this!

slider

Fayettsfinest as an mater of fact it has 6 in slash cut straights with a small resonator to keep the dot happy.I had 6 in turnouts for a time but they were just too loud and we have a bad enough image already .This truck has a cat brake saver which works off oil passing through a big torque converter .Not as noisy as a jake.
al glenn

FayettesFinest

I've never heard of a brake saver. Is it as effective as a jake? I know the Mack Dynatards aren't very spectacular. I still like the jakes, as I don't like many of my neighbors lol

slider

IT works quiet well .I could come off mt eagle at 40 mph and barley touch a brake.Mt eagle for some that don't know is above chattanoga tn.
al glenn

sandhills

Fayettes that's funny, I used to live right by the highway coming into to town, the "No jake brakes permitted city ordinance" sign was just past our driveway, I wanted to move that sign everyday I lived there!  People always asked why our windows shook all the time  ::).  Oh, if by chance the driver of Lucky 13 happens to be reading this, some night I'm sneaking over there and piping those straight pipes right into YOUR sleeper!  :D

Thank You Sponsors!