iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic winch for Kubota BX22

Started by Wallys World, June 04, 2014, 12:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamimartin

Quote from: Wallys World on June 04, 2014, 12:25:19 AM
I finally did it. I bought a Mile Marker 12000 pound hydraulic winch for my Kubota BX22 TLB. I have the backhoe off now and the 3 point hitch on it now. (...)
I used a old MF bush hog 3 point hitch cut down to make the basic frame and will add a blade to the bottom for anchoring. I'll also probably end up chaining the front to a tree to hold it from slipping back.
Steel cable rarely break, but if a chain choker ever did break or slip, it will whip right back to the tractor driver direction. This is why protective shield is standard equipment on tractor's logging winches.  Unless you have a remote control, hydraulic winch means  your controls are on the tractor, so you are fully exposed. Hydraulic winches require either remote control option or protective shield to operate safely in my humble opinion.

This winch is overpowered for your tractor, so it has plenty of power to break equipment and chains.

Have (safe) fun
1964 Oliver 550 tractor, 41hp with custom loader and roof. Interforst SW6600 PTO driven 3tons winch. Stihl MS660 for Logosol M8 Sawmill and Stihl MS261 for firewood.

Wallys World

The blade is made of a dozer edge 3/4" thick. I do have a wireless and a corded remote for safety so I will not be sitting on the tractor during the pull.

Side view.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Dan_Shade

Hey @Wallys World how has this held up for you?

I'm thinking of setting up a similar rig. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Wallys World

It has held up really good. Hydraulic is the way to go. I run it about 1/4 throttle and I have all the power and speed I need.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

thecfarm

Glad it's working out for you.
That tractor should be able to sneak around the woods without having to cut roads for it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

711ac

Quote from: Wallys World on June 06, 2014, 11:29:45 PM
Hydraulic pressure is a direct result of the engine rpm. As long as I don't make a pull using full rpm it should be OK.
You probably have this figured out already, but I'd start experimenting with the winch with the tractor @ idle until you have a couple of different loads on the hook.👍 
The worst you could do is stall either the winch or tractor. 

Thank You Sponsors!