iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DIY Welding LT-10 extension --- need help --- pics appreciated

Started by OffGrid973, June 21, 2014, 09:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Hi team,

Wondering if anyone has some pics for a DIY extension for the LT-10 that is portable (not 300 lbs)

Having my welding guy take a shot because woodmizer is 1000 for another two extensions and that's a bit steep for me.

Any pics, thoughts, or lessons learned would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OffGrid973

they are $399 for each 7 foot extension but then shipping from PA to Jersey for a heavy item is close to $150 so with tax I am looking at $1,000.

Welding guy said it would be about $200 in steel without labor and was surprised they can sell them so cheap...Looks like my woodmizer order will go in on Monday :)
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

sawdust joe

steel supply co.prices to the general public have gone up greatly,when I bought my steel fore my mill the tube fore the main frame was well over 1,000 but without a good stronge frame you get crooket lumber.a good certified welder charges over 100 per hour. On the bright side no mater what hobby you chose it will cost big $$$$$$$.
Happy sawing be safe.
Sawdust joe

thecfarm

And it will work with the mill too. I have a Thomas. I wanted 4 more feet so I could cut 20 foot logs. Seem like it was pricey,way back when I brought it. But I knew it would work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I have never felt that WM jacks their prices up on anything.  To the contrary, they are very comparative with the replacement items that I need.  Yes I know shipping, but I also know that it will be correct.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Quote from: cwimer973 on June 21, 2014, 08:36:36 PM
they are $399 for each 7 foot extension but then shipping from PA to Jersey for a heavy item is close to $150 so with tax I am looking at $1,000.

Welding guy said it would be about $200 in steel without labor and was surprised they can sell them so cheap...Looks like my woodmizer order will go in on Monday :)

Since you are going to spend the $$ anyway, why not rent a truck and make a visit to PA.  Shadegap WM with Marty P??

Best
DGDrls

js2743

barbender

It looks like you've already come to the right conclusion- if you can't build them yourself you may as well get them from WM ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!