iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

-Trading the girlfriend in on a new 604C -

Started by BargeMonkey, July 06, 2014, 09:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassman_48

ray,
thanks for trying, I deleted the too part but have no idea how to add more on the post.  I can turn a computer on and off pretty well now, I even have 2 coffee cup holders on the main computer tower I think its called ;D and I know how to do the smiley faces so I guess its progress,,,,,,,,,,thanks ed

luvmexfood

Glassman,

Here is how I do it showing as an example a post I made today.

Quote from: luvmexfood on July 09, 2014, 07:34:57 PM
If this comes through here is an interesting link to an article about lyme disease.

https://gma.yahoo.com/man-ravaging-lyme-disease-eludes-doctors-092750747--abc-news-health.html

Right after the bracket on bottom right quote click beside it and position your self their then hit enter a couple of times.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

glassman_48

luvmexfood,
All I could manage is an arrow pointing up to the right but still cant figure out how to type something.  Appreciate everyones help, it works easier to just have someone show me in person I guess.  Good post here with lots of input,,,,,,,,thanks ed

Corley5

I'm not sure when I'll be down that way again glassman.  Maybe for the Buckely Show  ??? 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Southside

For what its worth I don't recall reading a reply here from a female. If I am wrong I apologize now.  Anyway, I told my wife about this and asked for her input.  She was pretty frank about it and said she understands your GF's being upset with you over the whole thing, but also said the reaction you received and the placing of blame later on to hormone issues was way over the line.  She did add that if it were your wedding you showed up late to and covered in grease then anything goes, but given you were out earning a living and not drinking with buddies it should have been handled a lot differently.  I can say that if I came home and my wife calmly let me know I had hurt her by my actions I sure would sit up and listen and take it to heart a lot more than if she threw a hissy fit (which she never has) in which case I would most likely walk right back out the door steaming mad and really not care about her feelings.  Guess a lot of it really is in how the message is delivered.  Mutual respect even when you are not happy. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mroldstyle

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on July 08, 2014, 07:36:54 PM
Well I'm young but been there. I love work its my hobby and job. My wife of almost a year now left for the same reason after dateing for 3 years. I learned if both sides are not going to compromise it WILL NOT work! I grew up she came back, got married and just had our first child last night. (Beautiful little girl) we couldn't be any happier. I log for a crew 5 days a week processe and deliver my own firewood the rest of my spare time. My business is booming but I still do not work Sundays and make time for important family time(even if it's less important to me then her). Compromise comprimise comprimise if it's meant to be and if you love each other it will work. Faith and patients:) good luck!

CONGRATS!!! and good attitude  8)

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Mooseherder on July 09, 2014, 12:05:22 PM
Yeah, that last post had to be removed for a couple different reasons.
One of them is inappropriate content.
You should have resisted since this is a family site.
Im sorry if that was a bit to racy for the FF, not trying to upset anyone but it was down right funny.

Ianab

QuoteFor what its worth I don't recall reading a reply here from a female

Lil read it, and said to me "You should tell them about our first "date"."

Short version.

I pick up Lil to go to the beach for a picnic, But I did say I had something to do on the way.  Look at a used sawmill that was for sale (near the beach of course) . So we had a short side trip, checked out the mill, cut a few boards etc. Lil sat on the car bonnet looking pretty, and 1/2 an hour later we carried on to the beach.  ;)

Now at this stage Lil knew what I was like. There was no false promises, I didn't buy her flowers (get into that trap and you are stuck in it for life) She knew what she was getting in to from the start.

PS. I do try and call or txt if I'm late, and if we have something arranged, I'm almost always there on time.

If your partner does something to annoy you, by all means SAY something. Most guys are useless and reading "feelings" or mind reading, you have to actually TELL us things. But that's not the same as flying off the handle and getting into a screaming match. Neither of us are into that fortunately.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

glassman_48

I was married for 13 years, then divorced, I started dating a woman and on the weekend I came over to help her with a project on her house.  I told her I had to run to the hardware and I would be back in 15 minutes.  I came back in about 15 minutes and she started crying ???  She told me her ex husband would tell her the same thing (I am going to the hardware) and he would be gone all day.  I didnt even think twice before I told her that was her fault for letting him get away with that.  I was always more considerate of things like that with women in general after that.  Now if I am going to be late I will just tell my wife "its gonna be one of those days"  and were much better if I make that call.  Corley5, I am sure we will meet up someday, I am planning on going to the forum pigroast too.  I have never been to the buckley show, twister wants me to take my machine to that one some day. 

Paul_H

If the same promise to meet was given a client,landowner or customer they may not have been shrill in their response but you would be moved to the backburner. I think it's safe to say that most all of us here have put in 18 hour days in pursuit of our business at some time but a person's word has to carry weight and if we are unfaithfull in the little things,how can we be trusted with the larger things?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Paul_H

I forgot to add that I have done the same and worse when focused on a job but am trying to do better.  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Seaman

All you guys and gals need to read " Men are like waffles, women are like spaghetti" !

I know men don't like to spend time reading about relationship, but it is all about priorities. If your mate is important to you, invest a little time in learning about them. You would not invest in a $100k piece of equipment without investigating it thoroughly, your mate is worth that consideration.
No, I am not trying to get in touch with my female side, I DON"T have one! I am the biggest chauvinist there is, but in a gentlemanly way.

Bring a copy of that book home, or ask the other one to order it, and WATCH WHAT HAPPENS! 

My .02 worth
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Thank You Sponsors!