iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many board feet per hour on an LT40 hydraulic?

Started by MesquiteSawyer, August 09, 2014, 01:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Enough yet or should we get down to the specifics about what works and what doesn't.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Peter Drouin

Quote from: ladylake on August 10, 2014, 06:33:59 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on August 10, 2014, 06:14:17 PM
Do you cut crane mats too? Do you sell lumber? Do you cut for a big mill like some do here? :)

No I don't cut crane mats yet, I do cut for a big mill, I sell a lot of lumber plus a lot of custom sawing.  What does all of this matter??     Steve

See, A TK can do all my WM can do . Is the matter, All the mills work just find.
And for the Sawbuck , I think [ old saying] came from a saw mill, Sawing and bucking.
smiley_chop splitwood_smiley smiley_trap_drummer smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Delawhere Jack

There's a LOT of people watching this thread..... Hey Everybody. How ya doin'?

red oaks lumber

well here it comes :( my first mill was a tk 1999 b-20. shortly after i joined this forum, the topic was mills and i said the best day with my tk was when i sold it. you lady lake jumped all over me!
with my tk i sawed just under 800,00 b.f. so , i feel very qualified to be very critical about the unit and the service. i truely believe steve, that your actually jealous of w.m. owners but, just cant admit it. if you ran one i'll gaurntee you'd send yours down the road. i did!!! like i said before if i had to go back i'd quit. thats not a rip on tk, just my hard learned opinion.
:P
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

coppolajc10

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 10, 2014, 07:01:34 PMlike i said before if i had to go back i'd quit. thats not a rip on tk, just my hard learned opinion.

boy, if that's not a rip on TK, I don't know what is.  You literally said you'd give up milling (on a milling forum) if you had to go back to a TK mill, where I come from that's a rip  :D :D :D :D, let's at least agree to be honest with each other. :-[

rooster 58

Wow :o This is like Ford, Chevy, Dodge :) They are all good if they start in the morning and get ya' where ya' wanna go. Likewise with what's the best deer cartridge. I never saw a deer shot that complained about what it was shot with ;)

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on August 10, 2014, 08:06:19 PM
Quote from: rooster 58 on August 10, 2014, 08:04:50 PMI never saw a deer shot that complained about what it was shot with ;)

:D :D :D

I think its bout time for another intermission.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rooster 58

Peter Drouin

[/quote]
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2014, 08:08:25 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on August 10, 2014, 08:06:19 PM
Quote from: rooster 58 on August 10, 2014, 08:04:50 PMI never saw a deer shot that complained about what it was shot with ;)

:D :D :D

I think its bout time for another intermission.  :D

popcorn_smiley smiley_trap_drummer smiley_curtain_peek
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter...your reply is in stereo.  ;D     I see you fixed it.   :)

ladylake

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 10, 2014, 07:01:34 PM
well here it comes :( my first mill was a tk 1999 b-20. shortly after i joined this forum, the topic was mills and i said the best day with my tk was when i sold it. you lady lake jumped all over me!
with my tk i sawed just under 800,00 b.f. so , i feel very qualified to be very critical about the unit and the service. i truely believe steve, that your actually jealous of w.m. owners but, just cant admit it. if you ran one i'll gaurntee you'd send yours down the road. i did!!! like i said before if i had to go back i'd quit. thats not a rip on tk, just my hard learned opinion.

After reading all the WM problems on here you HAVE to be kidding.    I did fix a couple of design problems when I first got my mill like the cord reel and drive side guide wheel, apparently you didn't  .  Once fixed my mill works great with many customers (formerly WM customers ) making comment like you can saw all day and don't have to work on it. If you like your WM mill fine but keep it to yourself as I'm not going to sit here and take your insults about a mill that works GREAT. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2014, 08:13:16 PM
Peter...your reply is in stereo.  ;D     I see you fixed it.   :)

I'm all ways in stereo, It's Ray that's mono. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

drobertson

I was told by whom I believe a wise (ole) man, one who would most likely run me under the ground working a mill, pick your fights!  this one is one of those without a doubt. It's not just the mill, the logs, or the region.  It's about loving what we do, making the best of out decisions, and living with these decisions, and then moving on, lifting folks up as we go the best we can.  I've seen many a mills and scenarios, to saw is a blessing, and to make money is bonus. Kinda, chumpy comment, but really, there are lots of occupations, and they are all voluntary.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red oaks lumber

you say you have 9000 hrs on your mill, how many board feet has it cut? hey i'm happy your mill works for you
mine didnt and i'm not shy about telling people. :) how is speaking about problems being an insult? i have ran alot of equipment many differant brands and types large and small.  when somethings good i say so, when somethings not i say so.brand dosent mean dittle to me ,how something preforms and holds up means everything.
if we cant give our honest opinoins about equipment then we havent done justice for anyone. how many times have you steve made a buying decison based on someones personal expeiance? my guess is often.

Brucer

I think one of the admins must have goofed and accidentally combined two threads. The original post was about BF per hour on a hydraulic WM mill, not about who's equipment is best ::).

Maybe someone could start a topic on the "members only" board and move all the "my mill is better than your mill" discussion over there.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Dave Shepard

I agree on the splitting of the thread, but it isn't entirely about who's mill is better. There are other ongoing issues at work.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

red oaks lumber

its not mine is better than yours, just stating issues :)

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Delawhere Jack

Just stand back y'all (sp?), and let them do their thing..............

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ys-cTZ7jh8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2014, 09:12:43 PM
Quote from: Delawhere Jack on August 10, 2014, 09:11:44 PM
Just stand back y'all (sp?), and let them do their thing..............

https://www.youtube.com/cTZ7jh8o

This link does not work.

Thanks Dave...... For the life of me, I can't figure out how to embed a YT vid. done it before...... Blame it on the full moon.........or maybe I'm getting a little RAMMY!!!  :D

red oaks lumber

works on mine, mine must be better :D 8) 8) no it didnt work just yankin chains :D :D

Delawhere Jack

It was a couple whitetail bucks sorting things out, in the way that they do........

Cool off guys. We're family here.

Thank You Sponsors!