The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: What's the funniest thing a log ever did to you?  (Read 6841 times)

Offline CHARLIE

• Senior Member x2
  • Don't wait 'til both feet are in hot water before you decide to put your best foot forward.
    • Share Post
    • Coulee Region Woodturners
Re: What's the funniest thing a log ever did to yo
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2002, 02:06:15 PM »
True stories from a guy with whom I used to work....since retired.  He was felling a tree that he had to make sure fell in a certain spot.  So he tied a long chain to it and to his tractor and told his buddy to cut the tree.  His buddy hollered, "You sure that chain is long enough!"  "Yep", he replied, "Go ahead and cut the tree. He then put tension on the chain with the tractor. Sure as hell......that chain wasn't quite long enough and the tiptop of that tree DanG near whipped him to death when it fell on the tractor.  Another time, this same fellah was walking down a wooded hillside on his property when he came to an old dead rotten standing pine trunk...no limbs.  So he figured he'd just push it over. So he pushed and let go and pushed and let go and pushed and the top of the dead trunk broke off and fell right on top of his head laying him out cold.....after he rolled down the hill a bit. When he finally was able to get up, he was covered, inside and outside his clothes with the powdered rotted wood.  He said he learned that ya ain't supposed to push over an old dead tree like that. He had never figured on it breaking off at the top.  ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Offline Bud Man

• "MAKE EM HAPPY WHILE YOU MAKE A BUCK & EN
    • Share Post
Re: What's the funniest thing a log ever did to yo
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2002, 09:58:55 PM »
Charlie -- Did you say he was retired or disabled- :D  Reminds me of a sub I had working for me . This guy always tied into electric lines , if they were available, if they were closer to where he wanted to set up his work table(usually in the shade).  Well I was on the job site one day when he set-up and he was on an eight foot ladder tieing into the electric and the poor fellow turned to chat with me and touched two together---well the next thing you know he gets blown about 10 feet out in the yard. :o :o He quit that practice -but he still stutters to this day, and he was very lucky !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The funniest thing I've heard this year

Started by DouginUtah on General Board

6 Replies
Last post July 19, 2012, 03:09:04 PM
by ely
xx
Is there such a thing?

Started by RSteiner on Forestry and Logging

2 Replies
Last post March 23, 2006, 12:22:27 PM
by SteveB