Sponsors:

SE Tennessee

Started by stihlsawer, August 22, 2014, 01:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stihlsawer

Quote from: davidlarson on August 25, 2014, 09:19:13 PM
SE Tennessee is not far at all from  NW N Carolina
David L.

No it's not. I am about 1 hour 20 minutes from Murphy NC and about 3 1/2 hours from you.

Trever
Trever Jones
Stihl 076 Super, 034, MS 260 PRO, MS 192T
Dolmar 116si
GB 44" lumber mill, Mini mill, Beam machine

thurlow

Quote from: Magicman on August 24, 2014, 08:16:49 AM
Who knows, we may have been there at the same time.   ???

Made a bunch of summer camps at Shelby between '65 and '89;  it was always weird to come upon some concrete slabs out in the woods......left over from WWII.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

stihlsawer

Quote from: thurlow on August 27, 2014, 04:39:00 PM
Quote from: Magicman on August 24, 2014, 08:16:49 AM
Who knows, we may have been there at the same time.   ???

Made a bunch of summer camps at Shelby between '65 and '89;  it was always weird to come upon some concrete slabs out in the woods......left over from WWII.

Yes Sir, the old German prison camps.
Trever Jones
Dolmar 116si

davidlarson

I seem to remember that another medical officer and I, attending USAR summer camp at Camp Shelby, apparently had not worn our uniforms up to the standard of a somewhat deaf artillery colonel.  He chewed us out (we were only lieutenant colonels, in the Medical Corps, which traditionally doesn't worry as much as the artillery about spit and polish).  He observed that, in his opinion, we were "a couple of dirt bags."  It was true that our boots were not as brilliantly polished as his were. 

David L. (LTC, MC, USAR, Ret)   

stihlsawer

Quote from: davidlarson on August 27, 2014, 08:54:24 PM
I seem to remember that another medical officer and I, attending USAR summer camp at Camp Shelby, apparently had not worn our uniforms up to the standard of a somewhat deaf artillery colonel.  He chewed us out (we were only lieutenant colonels, in the Medical Corps, which traditionally doesn't worry as much as the artillery about spit and polish).  He observed that, in his opinion, we were "a couple of dirt bags."  It was true that our boots were not as brilliantly polished as his were. 

Ahhhhh, the good ole days. Now we spend about 4-5 times a year about suicide, sexual harassment/ assault. The Army has changed a lot in the 18 years. We don't even press our uniforms or spit shine our boots anymore. I'll stop now.

MAJ Trever Jones

David L. (LTC, MC, USAR, Ret)
Trever Jones
Dolmar 116si

Thank You Sponsors!