iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Office views

Started by Ken, August 22, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunningRoot

Nothing special but this is the view I have at the tract I'm on now
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

Maine logger88

Took a couple pics on my last twitch of the day.

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

sshier

Quick picture before the snow came

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

barbender

Nice pictures, guys ;)
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

You guys post those beautiful pictures, and all I have is...

This is our "bug", Walter. He was hangin' with me for the day.

The boss sent another forwarder to help me get caught up, being as I have fallen behind about 800 cords :o ;D  This job will be over 2000 cords total, and a majority of it is around 1/2 mile skid. 10 loads is a good day in that. With the second forwarder, and the skid shortening up as we go, we are getting out around 150 cords a day. There is a bit of competition involved :D

coxy

nice pics of the pup      but I have to ask where is his hard hat  :laugh: :laugh:

barbender

He only wears it when he gets out of the machine, per OSHA requirements ;D

Here we're ganging up on a bunk trailer, if things are coordinated right, both forwarders come out of the woods with the same product on to load on the waiting bunk trailer. If we're really in a rush and everthing goes right, we can load it out in as little as 10 minutes. 15-20 minutes is more common.

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Dan R

Trying to learn how to add pictures Looks like it worked.
Dan.

1270d

Fat trucks are always impressive

Ken

The new block we just started requires widening the roadway running up the side of a large hill.  A little sketchy cutting it with the harvester when the drop off from the side is 100m or so and the very old road is only as wide as the harvester.  You can see the highway under the head and the Nashwaak river in the background.  Will have some nice views later this week when we get going.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

Quote from: lopet on November 21, 2014, 10:38:58 PM
Who's winning ?  ;D

The other guy, he is one of our fastest forwarder operators. Actually, we're moving the same amount of wood, since my machine hauls a cord more. But I am going as fast as possible, and I think he has some on reserve ;D

Dan R, those are some awesome loads :o I wouldn't want to be walking around next to a load of monsters stacked 6' above the stakes though :o

Ken, that looks steep even in the picture, it must be bad :o

1270d

Nice morning in the woods.  -7 F

David-L

Finally started a new job and I can tell the pine is gonna stretch up nicely. Lots of long clean sticks in this stand. Could use some cold weather though.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

barbender

Nice picture, I have to call you out on another nor'easter phrase- "stretch up". I've never heard that one before.

David-L

Old guy in town who worked the woods would always ask how  the Pine was stretch-in up when he new I was in town cutting. Must be an old saying as he is long gone about 15 years ago and died well into his ninetys. Guess he said it alot as I am now saying it.
Wet goop around here, sure wish it would freeze up so the landowner would stop freaking out about mud on the landing.

David-L

There still strecthen up good. It's nice to be cutting good size timber. Plenty of mud on the skid road, the grapple trailer has been handy for keepin the logs somewhat clean.

Maine logger88

Nice looking stuff! Looks like your jack is doing good! I picked up my transfer case parts yesterday hopefully put it back together Saturday
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

David-L

This is some of the smaller stuff in the front of the lot, The bigger stuff will be later as the grapple won't want to pick up the 16's and 14's. I will put a 24" bar on for them. Once it freezes I"ll skid the the big boys to the top. Best pine I have cut in awhile. The Jack is really screamin on the way out as the pine is in a hole. By the looks of the old stumps, I would say it was cut 60 to 70 years ago, really no understory and alot of  ( Hamamelis Virginiana ) Witch Hazel.

barbender

Very, very nice! And it is strechin' up good ;)

chevytaHOE5674

My view has changed a little bit since I last posted pictures. I'm now a processor operator...

1270d

No more coffee breaks every trip in and out of the woods ;)

barbender

No more coffee breaks in and out, but the trade off is you don't have to slam over the 18" high stump in the main skid trail (20 times a day) the processor operator left, that spills your coffee anyhow ;D How'd you make the switch? Did you get your first hundred cord day yet? ;D

chevytaHOE5674

I don't miss the constant driving/bouncing on my way to the landing 20x per day that the forwarder provided.

The former processor operator is a good friend of mine and both of us were working for his dad(log truck driver). Well they don't really get along and last week it got ugly, so now in order to keep the wood moving I'm doing the cutting. I had probably had 100 hours run time before now but its still a bit of a learning curve.

100 cord day??? ha I'm happy when I cut 30 cord a day in this first entry red pine.

Thank You Sponsors!