iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any saw shops or blade sales near springfield mo

Started by yukon cornelius, September 20, 2014, 09:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

im looking for a source for blades near springfield mo. any ideas?
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on September 20, 2014, 09:49:38 AM
im looking for a source for blades near springfield mo. any ideas?
I used to buy blades in Springfield but would not recommend the company any more.
Woodmizer in Mt Vernon. There is an Amish guy who sells blades in Verona. I will see if I can find his #.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

thanks guys! ozarkgem what kind of blades does he sell?

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on September 20, 2014, 07:44:47 PM
In Springfield was Simonds. Not sure what the Amish sells. I switched to Cooks. I like them better. I will try some WM blades someday. One of the Amish just opened a blade sharpening service not too far from here. I am glad as I hate sharpening.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

Quote from: ozarkgem on September 20, 2014, 08:01:40 PM
In Springfield was Simonds. Not sure what the Amish sells. I switched to Cooks. I like them better. I will try some WM blades someday. One of the Amish just opened a blade sharpening service not too far from here. I am glad as I hate sharpening.

That's what I need there! can you send me info on them? I have 11 timberwolf and 3 wm blades. im down to my last sharp blade out of all those.

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on September 20, 2014, 10:17:33 PM
Quote from: ozarkgem on September 20, 2014, 08:01:40 PM

That's what I need there! can you send me info on them? I have 11 timberwolf and 3 wm blades. im down to my last sharp blade out of all those.
Which one do you want? the guy who sharpens or sells?

yukon cornelius

dboyt

The Amish sharpener (Sam Burkholder) was near Verona, but he recently sold his shop to go full time logging.  I believe someone around Lamar bought the equipment.  When I heard he was selling, I bought my own sharpener and setter.  As far as buying blades, why are you looking for a local dealer when there are so many sources that can ship them to you?
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

yukon cornelius

the shipping price is the reason. if im going to springfield already id rather put my money into another blade rather than paying for the shipping. really I just need a sharpener. these 14 blades have lasted me a year including building my house so 14 more would get me a long time again. I found a nice big chainsaw sharpener im thinkin about getting and setting up to sharpen my own. it looks identical to the blade sharpeners I have seen built.

ozarkgem

Quote from: dboyt on September 22, 2014, 08:57:50 AM
The Amish sharpener (Sam Burkholder) was near Verona, but he recently sold his shop to go full time logging.  I believe someone around Lamar bought the equipment.  When I heard he was selling, I bought my own sharpener and setter.  As far as buying blades, why are you looking for a local dealer when there are so many sources that can ship them to you?
Yep that would be right. I didn't know Sam was the one that he bought it from. I am going to give him a try. I will check and see if he is selling blades also. I will be going through there tomorrow.

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on September 22, 2014, 10:08:54 AM
the shipping price is the reason. if im going to springfield already id rather put my money into another blade rather than paying for the shipping. really I just need a sharpener. these 14 blades have lasted me a year including building my house so 14 more would get me a long time again. I found a nice big chainsaw sharpener im thinkin about getting and setting up to sharpen my own. it looks identical to the blade sharpeners I have seen built.
I took a dremel tool and touched one up once . Worked OK.  As Dave said Sam was the one I was thinking of. I guess the place I told you about in Sprfd or have some shipped. I think Cooks had cheap shipping on 10 blades and they were cheaper than Sprfd. It was less money to get them from Cooks than Sprfd.

Thank You Sponsors!