iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM motor brushes

Started by delvis, October 22, 2014, 12:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

And if you get the micro switch too close. The banging of the log on the mill will turn on the pump when you're not using them and run while your sawing and won't hear it,
Pump will be on all the time. Not good..
Brushes are easy to change, But only weir down halfway before you have to change them. I keep a bunch on hand.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

It could also be that the rod the microswitch is mounted on is slipping inside the microswitch clamp, thus becoming out of adjustment!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

OlJarhead

Thanks guys.  I posted a very short vid of me pushing on the switch so you can hear it and then with everything working right after I kept moving a lever (to show that it eventually works) on my Old Jarhead thread ;)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Brucer

Quote from: OlJarhead on March 01, 2023, 01:00:21 PMOK, this has me scratching my head. If I read that right you checked them (how?) at 750hrs and only replaced at 2170? Or did the brushes at 750hrs and replaced the motor at 2170?

Sorry, I'm just catching up on forum stuff.

I could have been a little clearer on that. I checked the brushes every 750 hours by pulling them out of the motor and checking how much wear there was. At 2170 hours the mill was down with another problem so I decided to check the hydraulic pump brushes then instead of waiting for the regular 2250 hour inspection.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

OlJarhead

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Thank You Sponsors!