iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hunting in a snowstorm

Started by Jeff, November 10, 2014, 04:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Thats the Gorton Fisherman I think.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

I think their all nice enough for framing... even that fisherman guy.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Weekend_Sawyer

Very nice pix Jeff. I always follow your hunting threads with interest.

Last pic looks to me like Hemingway

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

This is my oldest personal possession. It is a knit hat I have had since at least before I was 12. It has been repaired many times, but it is still very wearable. I decided to bring it along this year. I usually don't wear it hunting, but this year I will.   The foam decoy is home made after seeing one a friend had. A little foam, paint and some cardboard paint templates and ya got a decoy! you can roll it up and stick it in your pocket.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:) :) :) Pretty cool decoy. Wearing the hat this year may bring good luck....ya never know.  :)

celliott

It's snowing here in Vermont  8) Ground is white, shaping up to be a good opening day tomorrow  :)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

sandhills

How's the hunting going Jeff?  Loving the pictures, our rifle season started today but we're so far behind with harvest and cattle stuff I didn't get a permit, might have to get an archery permit later, I miss jerky  ;D.

Jeff

Photo update from the deer blind half way through  opening day of rifle season.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The Old Cap put the Old Man to sleep.  :)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WmFritz

I love a good nap after a 'Grand Slam Breakfast' too!  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

Sorry, poor grammar.

I should have said, "I did saw a sasquatch."

Weekend_Sawyer

Speaking of seeing things, does anyone else see the winking face in the cookie?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JJ

Magicman

Maybe da OP was thinking about deer when he ate it just before he took ah snooze.   smiley_sleeping
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I spent the morning clearing downed trees from our trails, then decided to try something new. Drag an old pair of underwear through the trails. ( clean and saturated with synthetic doe urine.) I'm ready to go home so if dragging underwear through the woods helps, I'm  in!  :D I am now in the blind for the rest of the day hoping to see some fruits (of the loom?) Of my labor.

picture from last evening. Most deer we have ever saw in the field at one time in 20 years here. All bald though.

beenthere

QuoteI'm ready to go home so

Yup, when you're out of underwear, time to go. 
If'n we'd known earlier, could'a sent you some up.   ;D

Sorry to hear you are not seeing the bucks.

I was out Friday, not seeing anything. So decided to do some grunt tube effort. About 15 minute intervals in an hour.
Don't know if that caused the yearling 8 pt to show up, but one did. Easy shot with the xbow.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I got lots of underwear. That was a sparepair

Jeff

I'd  stay up here forever, but this year I'm all by myself, so, it's not the same.
I just put this together and was able to upload it via my phone from right here in my deer blind.Hunting 2014: http://youtu.be/fsQggWX49js

Magicman

Pat and I enjoyed your clip.  It's so neat knowing that we have been there.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!