iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

customsawyer is coming to red oaks lumber!

Started by red oaks lumber, December 03, 2014, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Cold is cold, but up that way, it really cuts!  Nothing to mess around with when it sets in,   sounds like it's going to be a very fun time with the odd couple ;D and friends,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Barney II

Jake---Not to worry----just looked at the forecast for Sat.----51 degrees.   Unheard of , do you suppose that you could hang around for a  while and help keep the balmy temps up :D :D :D :D    I will bring my left over from hunting hand warmers for you :D :D :D :D :D :snowball:      Don
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

isawlogs

Jake, the cold is easy to take care of, you can always put another layer on and put another stick in the fire, down south when it gets hot.... only so much can be taken off before the eyes start to hurt...... :-\

I made it to Georgia once, like Jeff said, thats where the south for me ended  ;D :D  Headed back north the Murtle beach.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Be interesting if 51° is in the forecast for the 13th.
But that is not too bad. Look forward to it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

You gotta remember where Jake grew up.   :snowball:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Mooseherder

drobertson

Those that know, it's no biggy, but the wind chill , and it will be,  still get attention, cold up that way, a deep cold for sure, just figure the lakes freeze over up to 2' thick, or more, this is cold, stuff. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

isawlogs

When those lakes freeze up, it only makes going fishing easier.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

millwright

I'll try to make it, it will be nice to head a little south and get to the warm weather

customsawyer

Just for the record I have been ice fishing out of the truck window so you could sit with the engine running.
When I was growing up in Colorado I remember one winter where we spent 6 weeks looking forward to a high of -20. :o
When we milked the cows we would shoot the milk across our arm and carry it in like firewood.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on December 04, 2014, 08:14:32 PM

When we milked the cows we would shoot the milk across our arm and carry it in like firewood.  :D

YOU GOT ME JAKE........JUST SHOT PURPLE DRANK ACROSS THE ROOM! :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

isawlogs

Good one Jake... we must of been rich, we had indoor milkin' Had the tin of Nestly's chocolat in the barn and when milking in the morning we always had our warm chocolat while milkin'.

Marcel

red oaks lumber

:D : :D   i had a visual of you "farmers" milking away  complete with straw hats and sprigs of barley in your mouths . ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Weekend_Sawyer

Now this sounds like a fun time, you guys don't for get about us watching on our screens at home!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

red oaks lumber

i ordered a grit sniffing dog, there is strong evidence that grits might be smuggled into the no grits zone :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

drobertson

:D :D sounds much like my wife's onion sniffer,  sometimes we must just let folks alone and eat what they want,  although, given half a chance, I bet Jake could whip up a batch that just might sway the masses ;D

slider

Steve if you will throw those grits in a crock pot over night with butter,salt and pepper.Then 30 minutes before serving put in some velveeta  cheese your guest will not be disappointed.I'm talking about a spiritual awakening here,trust me.al
al glenn

Jeff

I'd be tempted to run over if it were not for that big lake in the way.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Al mentioned "crock pot Grits" and now Jeff wants to go.  Just proves that you can catch anyone with the right bait.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 05, 2014, 09:03:29 AM
Al mentioned "crock pot Grits" and now Jeff wants to go.  Just proves that you can catch anyone with the right bait.   :D
Set the trail cam up....... :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I'll eat grits if the right person fixes them. I use to eat Tom's grits and liked them.

http://youtu.be/ftbm8EZZDqI
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodjunky

velveta?!?!?    ohhhhhhh geeez!   this is cheese country...........

backwoods sawyer

:o uttoh poston they are looking for a better cheese ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!