The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Edging size  (Read 920 times)

Offline moodnacreek

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawin by the notches
    • Share Post
Re: Edging size
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2020, 07:56:02 PM »
W.V., I don't kill myself everyday. And I have always had to many hobbies. But when I promise somebody something it gets done and that the problem [I created] a long time ago. I run a 270 hp. generator not a 10 hp. band mill and the fuel costs money. I don't send people down the wrong road even if I should. Dealing with people has always been hard for me and I mostly work alone. Never the less I have made some great friend through the wood business. These relationships have been my greatest profit.

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 09:04:00 PM »
Moody,

My neighbor would normally not do something like that either but the guy was super arrogant and seemed to think he owned the world and everybody in it. This same neighbor and his family have been so great for us it is unbelievable. He has come up in floods when I was overseas and dug ditches to divert water run-off from our yard, his SIL saved my bridge during a flood one day when a big piece of culvert pipe upstream broke free and blocked by bridge and was washing it out. He jumped on my ATV and pulled it free. My wife was at work at school and never even knew it till she came home. He knew I was overseas and she was at work so he just came to check on things for us. They do all my welding type repairs and such for me. But they are folks you don't try to run over either. Friends and neighbors like them are way better than money in the bank.

I'd still love to see a video of you running your circle mill. I don't see how anybody can operate one of those beasts without at least 2 and preferably 3 or more operators. I am sure it keeps you hopping. Yeah, my 25 hp machine sipping about a gallon of fuel an hour allows me to be more laid back in what I do.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline moodnacreek

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawin by the notches
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2020, 10:07:14 PM »
W.V., Understand I don't get a lot of production working the way I do. It is a hand set manual circle sawmill built before w.w.2. However there are many modifications that took years to work out. Log are loaded with and old picker truck onto a live deck and kicked on the carriage, dogged by hand, mud saw pulled down, slab sawed off and lands on live [spiral] rolls on to belt and pushed on kicker table and kicked on slab drag that will feed slabwood saw another time. Next board [needs edging] screwed of onto floor that is a lift table to rise to edger when full. When a finished board is sawed it goes out like the slab did but is kicked the other way onto green chain. The edger has a sweep table and it's own green chain. The stuff gets stickered on the big green chain and carried away with a forklift. When everybody was learning computers and cell phones I was working night and day making a living and building above sawmill. So I never learned to use smart phone or shoot movies, can't do everything.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Need Info on LM 2000 > Clutch Shaft Size, Pulley Size, V-Belt Size for 23 HP BS

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot on Sawmills and Milling

5 Replies
Last post October 17, 2009, 07:57:09 PM
by Ironwood
xx
file size and image size limits?

Started by grouch on Technical Support Topics

14 Replies
Last post January 06, 2015, 05:11:05 PM
by beenthere