iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Signs

Started by FarmingSawyer, December 19, 2014, 06:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

I have people occasionally ask me for plywood, too ;D. I just tell them I never can find any Ply trees, because I think they grow in China... :D
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: Magicman on December 20, 2014, 08:42:16 AM

The slabs from the few jobs that I saw there are hauled to that street and a "Free Wood" sign is all that is necessary to get rid of them.

Gone the next day. 

Around here, the slabs would sit until the termites ate 'em and that piece of roofing would be gone the next day :)

4x4American

:D  That's funny, Jeff! 
and YH!  not finding any ply trees cause they grow in china that's a good one too!
Boy, back in my day..

JB Griffin

Quote from: Jeff on December 22, 2014, 05:07:51 PM
I'd like to know where my sign is. Tammy said someone called here a little while ago asking if this was the Forestry Forum. When she said yes, they proceeded to ask her what the price of plywood was.  say_what
Quote from: YellowHammer on December 22, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
I have people occasionally ask me for plywood, too ;D. I just tell them I never can find any Ply trees, because I think they grow in China... :D
YH

Yup, some have no sense. :D :D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Lawg Dawg

I made mine from a 48" circle saw blade and some ERC... it also has a little bit of Christmas garland on it in this pic

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

DR Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Chuck White

Quote from: JB Griffin on January 25, 2015, 11:57:26 PM
Quote from: Jeff on December 22, 2014, 05:07:51 PM
I'd like to know where my sign is. Tammy said someone called here a little while ago asking if this was the Forestry Forum. When she said yes, they proceeded to ask her what the price of plywood was.  say_what
Quote from: YellowHammer on December 22, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
YH

Yup, some have no sense. :D :D

Once in a while, I've had customers ask if I could saw "treated lumber", my reply was "when you bring me a treated tree".

Most times what was in question was something like "can you split some 2x8's into 2x4's".

;D ;D ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!