The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: What's a Prentice 210B Loader and Truck Worth?  (Read 3457 times)

Offline dsmith006

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
What's a Prentice 210B Loader and Truck Worth?
« on: January 01, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
Hello guys! I've been around the forum some, but not a lot.  Wondering if you guys can give me a little advice here.  I've got a land clearing business and a while back I bought a skidder, shear, and log loader as a package deal.  At the time I was considering going in the logging direction, but have since decided to go purely in the land clearing direction.  That being the case I'm keeping the skidder and shear, but have no use for the log loader. I really have NO IDEA what to ask for this thing.  It's not in the best of shape... but it does run and work, pretty good actually.  Of course the cylinders leak and it's full of oil leaks though.  The truck runs good, doesn't smoke, doesn't use oil, clutch slips a little in the higher gears, but I've driven this thing a few hundred miles.  I'm going to attempt to attach a picture of the rig and maybe ya'll can give me a little direction. 

If this was yours and you were going to sell it, let me know what I should ask and what the least I should take for it is. 

Thanks a million for your help!

I have read and agree to the forestry forum rules, terms and conditions and stuff!

Offline Southside

• Administrator
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
Re: What's a Prentice 210B Loader and Truck Worth?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 11:47:28 PM »
Where are you located? Do you have a year,  make,  model on the truck? That would help in coming up with a figure. Is the second picture current or previous damage? I don't see that in the 1st is why I ask.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.

Offline dsmith006

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:24:50 AM »
Located in North Louisiana, I really don't have any idea the year of the truck, but a few people have told me "Thats one of those old R-600s (or some model that sounds close to that), those trucks were bulletproof!" or something like that.  I think it's a mack, but not sure. 

The second picture is just one I had the hood partially up and the door partially open.  but there is definitely damage there!

Offline sandhills

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:00:01 PM »
It's a Mack, sorry I can't help out much with the price but going by your description and photos it's probably going to depend more on who wants the loader.  It might not hurt to take some close ups of the power unit on the loader and give some info about that, just my .02 cents worth.
P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Offline FayettesFinest

• "Residentual Logger"
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »
Yes, the truck is a Mack, R600 series. The specific model, I'm not sure of. Those trucks are the best work trucks you can get a hold of. If you check around the driver's side door jamb or on the door, you'll find a plate with the VIN, model number, etc. Those model trucks were made from the mid 60's, I think '65 or '66 to be specific, up to '89. Most commonly with 237, 300 and 350hp engines and 5, 6 (2 stick), 7, 9 and 12spd transmissions; with early 12spds also having 2 sticks. The truck probably has 38 or 44k rears. The trucks are simple and reliable. With good parts availability, reliability, simplicity and being an all around solid truck, that's why they are bought and exported to 3rd world countries. Depending on how that loader is attached, you could probably build yourself a good lowboy or log truck relatively cheap and easily.

The loader, I'm not sure about. The truck, in it's current condition, is probably about a $3,000 truck from what I can see. If you have any questions about the truck, feel free to PM me. I've been around these trucks for years and for specifics, I've got a stack of Mack shop manuals from the 70's.

Hopefully I was able to help you. Good luck!
A handful of junk saws and a junk F250

Offline Bert

• Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »
Id be a buyer for $5000 if it was local ;)
Saw you tomorrow!

Offline dsmith006

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 04:40:09 PM »
Hey, that's the kind of info I'm looking for! If it was local, you know, what price would you say "wow, I'll go check that out if he's only asking that much!"  Posting on craigslist next week... so we'll see what happens!

Offline FayettesFinest

• "Residentual Logger"
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 09:14:45 PM »
I gotta agree with Bert. I'd be on it like white on rice for $5k. Depending on the loader, you could probably get closer to $10k. The loader is gonna be the eye grabber in this scenario. I can't see the truck itself being much of a deal breaker. You're pretty much marketing the loader with a discount truck
A handful of junk saws and a junk F250

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
GMC 10 wheeler log truck with Prentice Loader IH with Prentice for sale

Started by stamper on For Sale

7 Replies
Last post September 26, 2013, 07:08:26 PM
by jmouton
xx
Opinion on Prentice 210b

Started by Old TimberCutter on Forestry and Logging

1 Replies
Last post May 10, 2008, 12:06:15 PM
by semologger