iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on October 25, 2017, 09:23:05 AM

Is that some kind of new hunting technique that hasn't caught on here in NH yet?
I figured when I grabbed it it was going to be in pieces. 6 big hunting blinds on a 15acre parcel 😂 anymore that's becoming a niche, food plots and atv trails, cleared that spot off Aug 10th and stuff has already sprouted.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: North River Energy on October 25, 2017, 08:15:04 AM
"Welcome back, Cutter" :D
--
->I don't have the help and I'm done trying to find help, do what i can by myself with better iron. Broke down and bought a Bells 6000, should have done it sooner<-

How did you arrive at that machine over the other options?
I needed a machine that had a right hand infeed, it's going in the building where my built-rite is. Went to Boonville and compared them all, there is a 4000 not to far from me the guys have had good luck with, have heard alot of good about bells. I've seen some pictures of what happens to the splitter chambers on a cord-king and ruled that one out, not sold on built-rites circle saw. I can point out a few things I don't like so far but all and all it's a rugged machine, if you ever want to try one it's sitting here.

BargeMonkey

I know for the processor guys it doesn't seem like much, 7ld of hemlock pulp out in the last week, got the last one out tonight. Getting sick of pulpwood, got some on a clearing job I'm doing. 

For a while we where sawing alot of dunnage for the dam job and I would have saved alot of that hemlock, most of it was pretty shaky. 

Got my loader yanked out today and down to the shop, needs medical treatment asap. 😂

coxy

barbender

Hey Barge, that's a nice looking pile!👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

North River Energy

[/quote]
I needed a machine that had a right hand infeed, it's going in the building where my built-rite is. Went to Boonville and compared them all, there is a 4000 not to far from me the guys have had good luck with, have heard alot of good about bells. I've seen some pictures of what happens to the splitter chambers on a cord-king and ruled that one out, not sold on built-rites circle saw. I can point out a few things I don't like so far but all and all it's a rugged machine, if you ever want to try one it's sitting here.
[/quote]

Thanks. I assumed selection was driven by something practical, and not, say, the color of the paint. Spoke with the owner of a 6000 a few years ago; he had a few issues as well, but he puts a pant-load of wood through the machine, so some of that is inevitable.
Some of his complaints may have been addressed on the newer models.

And don't tempt me. I might need a road trip and show up at your shop without notice. :)

breederman

I was wondering where barge has ben yesterday as I drove by the power pond .
Together we got this !

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Quote from: North River Energy on October 26, 2017, 12:47:42 PM

Thanks. I assumed selection was driven by something practical, and not, say, the color of the paint. Spoke with the owner of a 6000 a few years ago; he had a few issues as well, but he puts a pant-load of wood through the machine, so some of that is inevitable.
Some of his complaints may have been addressed on the newer models.

And don't tempt me. I might need a road trip and show up at your shop without notice. :)

This machine had 260hrs on it when we bought it, I'm going to take the plasma cutter to the back end of it to modify it to fit in the building so the amount I saved was worth it. I've run that barsaw processor for 20yrs now, good machine but 40-45mins is about it, I am also limited on length of logs. You put the right wood into that Bells and it comes off so fast you can just about stall the elevator. I'm doing 20-25mins from out of the truck / back in the truck, that's loading myself.

They say 23.5" and they mean it. 😂

6 cord in that trailer.

I've realized why these other processor guys sort the wood, can't put alot of crooked or junk wood thru that circle saw, that 16-18" 20-23' stuff goes thru so nice.

Put a 12 way wedge on, it is noticeably harder on the cylinder. That wedge is 430lbs, it's a pretty rugged built machine.

coxy

barge how many cord of wood can you fit on the live deck our MT  will fit a hair over a cord with 20fters  the circle saw is the only way to go frozen mud don't matter just the savings on the bar oil is worth it  we can get 22in wood if the wedge is down to only splitting it in half other wise its 20in max splitting it 4-6 ways with wedge up  good luck with it

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

thecfarm

Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 27, 2017, 01:20:42 AM
   I'm doing 20-25mins from out of the truck / back in the truck, that's loading myself.

How many cords was that?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OH logger

barge whats the specs on your semi dump?? we figure 6 cord on ours too and its about 32' long X 7' wide X 5 ish feet deep
john

BargeMonkey

Quote from: OH logger on October 27, 2017, 07:08:59 PM
barge whats the specs on your semi dump?? we figure 6 cord on ours too and its about 32' long X 7' wide X 5 ish feet deep
I want to say it's 27-8 long, 7w and had 74" sides, it came up just under 6 figuring at 180 to a loose cord, I sell it for between 5.5-6, haven't had anyone complain of being short yet. Biggest problem with that trailer is getting in and having a level enough spot to dump. I get 2 cord in my small dump trailer and 1 cord on the truck and do that most of the time.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on October 27, 2017, 08:28:57 AM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 27, 2017, 01:20:42 AM
   I'm doing 20-25mins from out of the truck / back in the truck, that's loading myself.

How many cords was that?
1 full cord, not bad by yourself and loading again.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on October 27, 2017, 05:40:38 AM
barge how many cord of wood can you fit on the live deck our MT  will fit a hair over a cord with 20fters  the circle saw is the only way to go frozen mud don't matter just the savings on the bar oil is worth it  we can get 22in wood if the wedge is down to only splitting it in half other wise its 20in max splitting it 4-6 ways with wedge up  good luck with it
About 1 cord if you wad it right on, I'm still cutting up some shorter stuff so you can't quite get a load. The livedeck sits alot higher on this one and you've got to be careful how you load it. It's one thing to watch one at the show, these circle saw machines are so fast, doesn't pay to run small wood thru it. With that 12way you've only got to watch throwing large chunks till your 18" and up, below that it makes a nice load of wood.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: breederman on October 26, 2017, 04:20:58 PM
I was wondering where barge has ben yesterday as I drove by the power pond .
I had some stuff going on and my attitude wasn't the best, just laid low for a while. Divorce, left the tug boats, beyond busy and didn't have much good to say. 😂

ehp

I told your Barge, circular is the only way to fly , it will do you a great job

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ehp on October 28, 2017, 09:08:45 PM
I told your Barge, circular is the only way to fly , it will do you a great job
Did yours sell ? It is the way to go, it is a little finicky on what firewood you can put in it but yeah it is nice. I bought the Simonds tool for pulling teeth and a box of teeth and rivets, they aren't to bad to do, my first time around a circle saw much.

coxy

wait till it spits a tooth or two and they slam the guard we had 3year old oak in it when the tooth went flying the only thing we could think was the knot was dry and hard  what is your blade rpms

ehp

ya it sold , sawmill bought it . It started out not fast but at the end its pretty fast for a bar setup,  around 4.75 sec cycle time the way it runs now . I had fun playing with it and that's all that counts for me

ehp

our last circular would do 36 inch diameter wood and had a 96 inch saw on it . In big wood that thing was crazy at how fast it would produce , in big wood cut 16 inches long a 6 1/2 full cord load was a average of 17 minutes

North River Energy

Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 28, 2017, 09:41:19 PM

... it is a little finicky on what firewood you can put in it but yeah it is nice.

Could you elaborate a bit on that? Also, interested to know what happens to the splitting chamber on the Cord King, as mentioned in an earlier post.

OH logger

Quote from: ehp on October 28, 2017, 10:55:07 PM
our last circular would do 36 inch diameter wood and had a 96 inch saw on it . In big wood that thing was crazy at how fast it would produce , in big wood cut 16 inches long a 6 1/2 full cord load was a average of 17 minutes

:o wow!! my mouth was wide open reading that post!! :)
john

OH logger

Quote from: North River Energy on October 29, 2017, 06:46:09 PM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 28, 2017, 09:41:19 PM

... it is a little finicky on what firewood you can put in it but yeah it is nice.

Could you elaborate a bit on that? Also, interested to know what happens to the splitting chamber on the Cord King, as mentioned in an earlier post.

that's what I was wondering too
john

Thank You Sponsors!