iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Mike, most of those staffers were from one of our representatives that has been a friend to our industry, as well as other issues that are important to me. So, I let them go🤷‍♂️😁
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Get Walt to be the new face of Ponsse... 😂 

Walnut Beast

Old Greenhorn

Man Barge, it was just a year and a couple of weeks ago that you gave me a tour of that cut. You did a fine job cleaning it all up and the grass will come back quick, making it look better than when you got there with the road extension you put in and all the other details. Nicely done.
Did you re-grade all the skid trails too? :D ;D

As for your issue with the new mini, I can take care of that for you. Throw it on a trailer and run it over here next week and I will put in a radio to make it all right. If you get it here by next week, I should have it done by November and ready for pickup.  ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

barbender

Barge, Walt has already been featured on Ponsse's FB page as "Walt the Ponsse guard dog"😊

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on June 26, 2020, 08:02:16 AM
As for your issue with the new mini, I can take care of that for you. Throw it on a trailer and run it over here next week and I will put in a radio to make it all right. If you get it here by next week, I should have it done by November and ready for pickup.  ;D
We no longer own that excavator and will have a new one dropped from another dealer next week. Salesman showed up this morning and thru the radio in the cab, said machines been delivered you guys can install it, too bad. Note they are miserable to put it... so... on the trailer it went, big boss wasn't happy with the salesman, tried to talk my father out of it, nope. Salesmans a moron, my father's shopping for another 644 loader, track screen and a newer 750J, all he had to do was have the radio installed like the contract said and he would have sold more iron... his loss. 

BargeMonkey

That was at 10, it's all gone now. 

Yup she's old but it still works, as much as I want a newer 320D Propac 😂 go hammer out that spruce. Moved her over, Timbco came back. 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 26, 2020, 09:59:44 PM
We no longer own that excavator and will have a new one dropped from another dealer next week. Salesman showed up this morning and thru the radio in the cab, said machines been delivered you guys can install it, too bad. Note they are miserable to put it... so... on the trailer it went, big boss wasn't happy with the salesman, tried to talk my father out of it, nope. Salesmans a moron, my father's shopping for another 644 loader, track screen and a newer 750J, all he had to do was have the radio installed like the contract said and he would have sold more iron... his loss.
Absolutely!! Totally agree 👍👍👍

BargeMonkey

☝️☝️☝️..... that's the problem around here, dealers act like they just dont care. I can't stand Nortrax, same type of crap, worst thing Deere did was take away the local dealers. 

thecfarm

Just a little customer service can go a long ways. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 26, 2020, 09:59:44 PMWe no longer own that excavator and will have a new one dropped from another dealer next week. Salesman showed up this morning and thru the radio in the cab, said machines been delivered you guys can install it, too bad. Note they are miserable to put it... so... on the trailer it went, big boss wasn't happy with the salesman, tried to talk my father out of it, nope. Salesmans a moron, my father's shopping for another 644 loader, track screen and a newer 750J, all he had to do was have the radio installed like the contract said and he would have sold more iron... his loss.
I am getting more and more like that with salesman, but still would have trouble returning something like that when I have work waiting for it. Good on your old man! Last year when I was shopping for trucks, the educationally challenged salesman tried to pretty much skate on all the questions I asked, which I had already tried to look up and could not find myself. He asked "why would you want to know that?". I laughed and said I didn't have time to give him a lesson in salesmanship. I bought my truck elsewhere. Yeah, I know those accessory installs can suck, that's why I offered and allowed sufficient time to do it correctly. ;D I am glad to see your Dad had the time and energy to give the fella a lesson in salesmanship and customer service. Good luck with the new one.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Skeans1

I think this is the final thinning through this patch at 60 years old we were getting 3 40's before they busted out at 8" or so.

teakwood

and now imagine be in a country in which every brand just has one dealer, so monopole.
Have a friend, small guy working hard to earn his bread, bought a  brand new cat backhoe from Matra, Cat dealer here, after one week the machine started to brake down, sent a mechanic and that guy took some parts off, don't remember well what the problem was but something with the hydraulics not having enough power, didn't have hyd hose plugs as a professional should have so put paper towels in the open hoses. when another mechanic came to install the new part forgot to remove some of the paper towels and started the machine, you imagine the disaster. changed filters and everything but the paper is in the system and plugs small passages, so they boosted up the pressure to see if that solves the problem , then the turbo went, long story short, mi friend did like 200h on the backhoe in like 3 month, the rest it was down.
He insisted in a new machine and cat told him, of course but you will loose the 20k down payment because now the machine is used, W T F?!!!
He hided the machine and is now fighting with a lawyer against them, cat sued him for stopping the payments, its now over a year and they haven't found a solution. ah, and the salesmen told him it was his fault because he is not a good operator, the lawyer had to hold him back to not wuup the guys ass.  My friend is a owner operator since 20 years and i have worked beside him and he is a excellent operator!
I would have wrote Cat North america a letter with the situation, that can not be that the mother firm would not stand behind their product.  
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Skeans1

Quote from: teakwood on June 27, 2020, 08:58:33 AM
and now imagine be in a country in which every brand just has one dealer, so monopole.
Have a friend, small guy working hard to earn his bread, bought a  brand new cat backhoe from Matra, Cat dealer here, after one week the machine started to brake down, sent a mechanic and that guy took some parts off, don't remember well what the problem was but something with the hydraulics not having enough power, didn't have hyd hose plugs as a professional should have so put paper towels in the open hoses. when another mechanic came to install the new part forgot to remove some of the paper towels and started the machine, you imagine the disaster. changed filters and everything but the paper is in the system and plugs small passages, so they boosted up the pressure to see if that solves the problem , then the turbo went, long story short, mi friend did like 200h on the backhoe in like 3 month, the rest it was down.
He insisted in a new machine and cat told him, of course but you will loose the 20k down payment because now the machine is used, W T F?!!!
He hided the machine and is now fighting with a lawyer against them, cat sued him for stopping the payments, its now over a year and they haven't found a solution. ah, and the salesmen told him it was his fault because he is not a good operator, the lawyer had to hold him back to not wuup the guys ass.  My friend is a owner operator since 20 years and i have worked beside him and he is a excellent operator!
I would have wrote Cat North america a letter with the situation, that can not be that the mother firm would not stand behind their product.  
Honestly it's no different here because of territories you can only go to one dealer per brand on new equipment.

nativewolf

Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 26, 2020, 09:59:44 PM
Before I went back to poverty and forestry I made quite a living as a high powered sales leader.  If that sales guy was on the phone it was to his boss and it was the boss saying to tell you tough luck.  Sales guy takes the blame if you get *pithed and boss can try to recover the sale.  It is an old tactic.  Not sales guys fault I would guess but calculated strategy.  Why they bothered over something so small I know not.  
Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

@nativewolf   I guess yrs ago my father had some issues with this salesman and some tracks, sort of leery dealing with him, then the machine was supposed to be delivered a week prior, no call, no show, didn't answer the phone, then Tuesday morning he's all gung ho for the paperwork, not normally how we do stuff. Either way his loss. 

BargeMonkey

Firewood... 😂 so sick of it... and it's only June.. I had a blonde visitor this morning, heard that circle saw fire up... 

Be done tomorrow, get it slashed up, send it to 🇨🇦... I stripped my chains because the backs where going to the front, didn't want them on for this job because I knew I would be right on the road, hanging 4x sets of 24.5's next weekend if anyone isn't busy, I will supply the beer😂

Walks thru spruce like it isn't there, she has sold me on a newer propac at some point.

Not how I would normally do the job but tight spot, building a brush pile on the center, get it opened up and the deck the wood, bring the loader over and slash.

barbender

Barge, with all of the tight spots you work in, by yourself...wouldn't it be nice to be running 2 machines instead of 4?😊

mike_belben

Yeah but you ponnse boys are makin payment on 6 of his irons!

:snowball: smiley_daisy
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

The problem with CTL isn't the iron, its who I'm competing against around here to make the payments, there are 4 other bigger guys around, if I was 20-30k a month in the hole plus stumpage I wouldn't make it. I'm planning to put in another commercial building, carwash, laundromat, liquor store, friend of mine wants to rent for a gun shop, renovating a 2 family right now, no money for forestry iron 😂 that 640D is probably the only thing I'm buying this yr. 

mike_belben

Bikini carwash right? That'll get em off 88.
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

You know how big my parking lot is ? Last weekend I couldn't pull in, over 300 bikes sitting there. The nice thing with the bar is it's a separate company, insurance isn't cheap but I know the cost of alcohol and I've already got 1 liquor license, what's 1 more. I've got to get back on the boat so I've got funny money, logging just doesn't do it. 😂 no shortage of girls, just some of them you need 6-12 beers before they become attractive. 

barbender

I wasn't suggesting anyone go out and buy new stuff. A newer Timbco or Timberpro for the leveling with a harvester head and an 8 wheel forwarder maybe. I completely understand not wanting the payments!👍🏻

BargeMonkey

I keep looking, just hard to justify with the amount of wood I cut. 

Maine logger88

Gotta get this job wrapped up tomorrow I have a big ole 2.8 acre clear cut to do next lol then onto another select cut

would have been done a week ago but I broke my bell and it took a little bit to get a axle shipped

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!