Forum > Forestry and Logging

Personal projects

<< < (2/10) > >>

thechknhwk:
I wish I had the ability to do what you're up to.  I'd like to put an egr delete and a new muffler on my duramax, and maybe reprogram the ECU.  The mileage has not been so impressive this winter, partly due to a remote starter and short trips to work.

Southside:
thechknhwk

For $60 you can "block and stick" the egr with a plate and finger stick, just route the coolant hose from the firewall directly to the thermostat housing and your soot eating days are behind you.  Had mine like that for around 200,000 miles now and it runs sweet. 

thechknhwk:
Don't mean to get too far off topic, but does it make the check engine light come on?

so il logger:
The 6.0 isn't a bad engine. I had trouble with head bolt stretch and gasket..etc. But it wasn't stock ford fuel systems and probably drove kinda hard ;D

jcbrotz:

--- Quote from: thechknhwk on February 26, 2015, 12:49:06 AM ---Don't mean to get too far off topic, but does it make the check engine light come on?

--- End quote ---

Nope that's what the fingerstick is for. been awhile so don't remember the specifics but it make the computer think its happy. google fingerstick duramax.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Sitemap