iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Got a second coat of mud done in the front bedroom yesterday. Ran a fan all night and was hoping the mud would set overnight. Still was wet in spots this morning. :( DanG rain. >:(  I was able to sand some, but I will have to wait till tomorrow to float a third coat. I will be shooting a orange peel coating in the living/kitchen dinning area tomorrow. All that area is ready, have all the beams, doors and windows all taped/covered. I just hope my air compressor is strong enough. :o

fishfighter

After 3 days of laying low due to my back, I got out today. Was going stair crazy. :o Had a change order. Something I over looked in the front bedroom. :embarassed:

The closet opening was 5'. Wrong there. :embarassed: I will be building barn doors for the closets that will slide on tracks. Problem was, the 5' opening would not give me enough room to slide a door over. So, I enclosed the opening to 36". That closet is only 8' wide and by doing that, it didn't create a problem. ;D Good thing I am only on the second mud coat for a change out. ;D

First mud coat.

When you forget things, you just want to kick yourself. Even more so when it comes to plumbing and walls are closed up. >:( I been holding out closing up some walls due to not pressuring up the water system. My confidence is not that high using PEX. I never used it before. Well, another change order. ::) I forgot to run a cold water line for a frig ice maker. :embarassed: Well, that is an outside wall. Good thing about that, I also forgot to place in a outside line on that side of the building. I will have to cut into the wall in two places, drill and repair. Just hope I have enough room for the drilling that I don't have to drill thru a beam. :(

Anyway, I can't sand drywall( back problems), but I sure as hell can make some holes in it. Picked up what I needed to cut everything in this afternoon and just hope the rain will give me enough time to cut everything in tomorrow.

On a side note*

This side of the build has 8'8" ceilings. Yep, kind of screwed up there when I did the other side of the building somewhat. That is why you see two tape lines on the walls. Hey, really not that big of a problem due to I sawed up the lumber and the cost for the drywall was very little. Besides that, extra high ceiling are very good down here in the south.

My house has 9',12',15' and 17' ceilings. Helps so much when it comes to cooling. We run AC as people up north run heat more months out the year. Heck, been running the ac since Feb on and off, but more on. :(

Magicman

If it keeps on raining you are gonna have to call Noah, and have him help you build a houseboat!!!   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

It already started this morning. :( Hope you not getting all this rain.

fishfighter

Got some plumbing done. Fixing a couple problems I forgot. :o Even with all kinds of rain, I had to crawl under and yes a wet behind. >:( First was to get that DanG ice maker line in. Kind of went easy. ;D Had to cut a hole to fit the box and one at the floor to drill thru the wall base plate.

Sorry about the picture. :( Once I drilled thru, things fell into place easy.

Of course the bottom of the valve stuck out way below the box, so I did have to cut for that. I will leave that open till I pressure up the system. That will give me a chance to check if there is a leak there.

From there, I moved into the bathroom were the washer/dryer will be installed and set the box for that. Now I can finish the closet inside to the front bedroom.

Then set the feed for the John. Didn't need a picture there. ;D

I have to get under the building and tie a few lines in. :( Not looking to do that, but it has to be done. Just maybe by next Friday if things dry up, I will do the crawl.

Once I did that, I did some sanding in the front bedroom. Got about half way, got over heated and had to stop. :( Tomorrow is another day. ;D

Magicman

Did you put your icemaker drain in?  I couldn't tell by the picture.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Don't have one. Heck, I don't have one in my house. Never needed one or just lucky. :D

Magicman

OK, ours goes through a cleaning/flushing cycle and has a drain.  Also ice is constantly melting in the bin which also drains.

Yours must make the half moon shaped ice and drops into a freezer bin?

fishfighter

Sure does. Got to hate those half moon cubes trying to get that last sip of Jim Beam. :D

Magicman

Those dreaded half moons are why we went with one that makes squares, but it was much more expensive.  :o   :-\   :-X

jimdad07

Quote from: Magicman on May 27, 2017, 07:11:53 PM
All of the water lines in our home are in the attic and there is no worry or concern about freezing.  Freezing, what is that?   :D

You southern guys are just plain spoiled.
Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

fishfighter

Heck, in the summer months we get instant hot water running water lines in the attic. :o

Laying low today. Kind of pushed myself the last couple days. DanG back acting up again. >:( Besides, DanG raining here.

BigZ La

Fish, the wife and I made a trip around the river yesterday. I've got to get your number as I never know in advance when we go.  :D

fishfighter

Quote from: BigZ La on June 05, 2017, 11:43:06 PM
Fish, the wife and I made a trip around the river yesterday. I've got to get your number as I never know in advance when we go.  :D

You have PM. Stop in next time you are in my area. With all this rain, bring your rubber boots. :D

fishfighter

After two days rest and just watching the rain, got a break today with sun shine. ;D Threw on my rubber boots and headed to the camp. Thank God I kept a pair of old shoes back there. :D

Got to work sanding. :(  That has to be worse then painting. >:( Anyway, I have all the walls done in the front bedroom. Still have to sand out the ceiling, but my arms just couldn't do anymore. :( Floating, sanding sheetrock is for sure for young people to do. ;D So, got a call in to my son and SIL to see if one or both can do that for me. If not, that will take me a couple days. :(

After finishing out the walls, I took a leave blower and blew off the walls. Had my big 36" box fan blowing out a window. Dust for days. :D

Once the dust settled down, it was time to shoot some texture in the living/kitchen area. ;D Took a new clean 5 gallon bucket, added a box of mud and added around 1 1/4 gallons of water. With a mixer blade on the drill, I mixed it. Added water as needed to get a pancake mix.

I bought a cheap HF hopper texture gun a week or so ago. Paid $22 out the door with a 25% discount. I was hopping my cheap HF air compressor(5 gal) could do the job. Well, today I was going to find out.

Have covered all beams with plastic along with windows and had to cover doors. Loaded up the gun and come to find out, my air hose had a couple leaks. :( A 5 min fix and I started shooting. After about an hour, I was finished. ;D Just enough mud mixture. ;D I have to say, the texture gun and my air compressor did the job. 8)

On a side note. When shooting mud on walls and ceiling, DON:T forget to wear a hat. :D I was covered.

A hot shower and now a few beers. ;D

grouch

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but them ain't sexy knees.
Find something to do that interests you.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Hey now, for 60 years old, I think they look fine. :D

Darrel

Quote from: fishfighter on June 07, 2017, 08:28:01 PM

That very well may be, but fine is not the same thing as sexy! ;D
1992 LT40HD

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Spent the day under the building finishing up all plumbing. Not to easy, but everything is done. ;D I have all the lines ran up in the attic. Changed my mine of installing the headers in the walls. Just wasn't enough room. :(

Main line coming in feeding the head and going up in the attic.

Vanity water and drain/vent lines. Had to off set the vent line.

Washer water and drain/vent lines. Also water lines that feed the tub and kitchen, ice maker and a outside water line all the way on the other side of the house. Was one heck of a job running 50' of PEX tubing for each kitchen line and 30' from the tub lines. I tried to not put anymore connections then I needed. ;D

Got hot quick today. I will install all lines on the headers tomorrow, then start throwing some primer paint in the living/kitchen area tomorrow.

Magicman

Quote from: fishfighter on June 07, 2017, 08:28:01 PM
You need a second opinion 'cause they is ugly!    ;D

fishfighter

Got some more work done yesterday on the plumbing. Got the headers all hooked up.

After that, it was time to pressure up the system.

Just knew I hate this DANG PEX. >:( After about two hours, I lost a couple pounds of air. >:( I went back over each connection with soapy water three times and sure as hell, I can't find the leak. :( I am thinking that the leak is coming from the tub faucet. Kind of moving slow today, but I will get back on that leak tomorrow. My game plan is to charge up the system with water. Problem, I don't have the main water line ran yet. So, with a 30 gallon tank, a 12V water pump that will get up to 40 psi, I will charge it. Then with such a small leak, I will go back to each connection with butt wipe paper. :D

Ljohnsaw

Bummer.  Looking at your manifolds, I thought the idea with PEX was to put a valve on each line at the manifold rather than at the the delivery point.  Then you can isolate the runs which would help in locating leaks.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

fishfighter

Yes, you are right about using a valve that way, but being such a small building and being that the headers are in the attic, I decided to install valves at each location. There is nothing like going up in a attic in the summer months around here. That space can hit a easy 120F. :o

Thank You Sponsors!