iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making sawdust with a friend

Started by pasbuild, September 10, 2004, 10:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbuild

I needed a few cedar logs three sided for a screened in poarch that I was doing this past week, being 70 miles from home and not having any cedar anyway I went 1/2 mile down the road from the job site to my friend Timmys mill. I dug through his piles of cedar and found the perfect corner posts (big bells and lots of knots) and all the logs needed for the D style in the lengths needed and we started maken some dust :)
Any day you can make some sawdust is usually a good day and this day was no exception, Timmy has a way of making the problems you might be having seem small, he always has a smile going and takes things as they come, heck he don't even let nails or broken blades get him down ;)

Timmys been in his chair since he was 14, he has limited use of both arms, he does all the sawing and oversees the edging and molding processes.
It sure was nice working with Tim for the day and I figure if he can keep a  :) on his face I better work extra hard at keeping one on mine :)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

DanG

Well by crackie, that's a SAWYER! 8) 8)  I nominate Timmy as our "person of the week."  I'd sure like to see more of his operation. Any chance you could get him to join us here?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chet

I assume Timmy is somewhere in the L' Anse area. Can ya give me better directions. I would sure like to stop and meet  him and see his operation sometime.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pasbuild

DanG I tried getting him to take a look at the FF but all I got was *#+^ that puter :(
Maybe I can bug him enough to get him to look just to shut me up ;D
Chet I sent you an IM
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!