iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kathys sink

Started by Larry, September 11, 2004, 02:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Or it could be called the sink from hell.

Kathy got this sink maybe 20 years ago with the intention of putting it into our new house.  The sink had a couple of cast iron legs and was supposed to bolt directly to the wall.  Well we built the house few years later and the sink got left out. :D  She then suggested that I put it in our downstairs kitchen but somehow it got left out again. :D  When I started the new shop she again suggested it would go in there great.  I flat ran out of usable excuses this time so I figured I might be able to get it to work. ???  With the high back splash I had to put the windows up an extra 5" to get clearance.  Of course the sink needed a new faucet so a quick trip to Lowes and they told me nothing in stock like the old faucet but they could order me a new one for $210.  Finally found a little old plumbing shop that had them in stock for $30.  Of course the base cabinet had to be shorter than normal to put the sink at the right height.  Also had to make a little extra something to get the right spacing from the wall.  The day for the grand installation came and I dropped the DanG sink knocking off about a 2" square of porcelain.  Nother trip to Lowes for  a porcelain repair kit (Bondo).  Few more trips to Lowes and I finally get all the parts to plumb it.

Well it's in to stay now and don't think it looks to bad.  Cabinets are all home grown red oak.  Still got to run crown moulding around the upper cabinets.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

Looks great...!  Well worth the trip.  At least you've got a story to go along with it.. ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Norm

Boy that sure turned out nice Larry, I really like some of the old time style sinks. Ones now days are not designed for doing dishes....like I'd know. ;D

woodhaven

That is a neat idea and some real nice workminship.
Richard

sandmar

Me thinks Kathy will have to hear that story for a LONG time to come :D Nice work Larry..like so many on the forum,we make do with what we have...or what our wives have ::)

Sandmar

ScottAR

That's the shop ?!?  Wonder what the "good" kitchen looks like?!?  :D  Great job!!
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

OneWithWood

Nice job, Larry.  That sink will make a good cleaning station for washing your hands, cleaning brushes or the odd greasy part :D :D

I see you have planned ahead for the times you will be spending more than a few hours in your shop.  Sure beats a dog house :o
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

CHARLIE

Nice job!  But I'm thinking........you have nice cabinets and a sink in your shop?  Wow!   I'm impressed. 8)  Everything in my shop gets covered with a fine wood dust....even all the woodshavings on the floor! ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Patty

Looks good, Larry. I love those big old sinks. We have a big 3 section stainless steel sink that has been installed and uninstalled a few times. It is in storage right now, but I have just the spot picked out in the basement for it.  ;D    It works great for cleaning the big pans and tubs we use when we butcher.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

iain

NICE sink
wheres the dirt and dust in that shop?

iain

Thank You Sponsors!