iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Value of Life ??

Started by Magicman, September 03, 2015, 09:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

Prayers for Pat and you Lynn. Hope y'all can get to an understanding of what is going on soon.

thecfarm

Something that needs to get under control. Sounds like you all are trying.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: samandothers on September 27, 2015, 04:54:08 PM
Prayers for Pat and you Lynn. Hope y'all can get to an understanding of what is going on soon.

x2
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

I have had little to report, but here is how it is now.

After another visit to the ER Monday, Pat went to another Dr. yesterday who took her off of one med (wasn't working anyway) and prescribed something different.  Since today is the first day with it, we will have to wait and see what happens.  At least it was down into the 170's at noon, which was an encouraging change.  Hopefully, it will continue to drop, but we have to monitor and report if it drops too low.  I am trying to be a good nurse. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

Lynn, we're hopeful that the med change gets things under control.
~Ron

LeeB

Thinking of you and Mrs. Pat my friend.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Weekend_Sawyer

Good luck to you and Pat, Lynn, you two are good people.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

We're keeping you and Pat in our prayers. Hope she recovers fully and quickly.

Sorry we aren't closer or we could bring you a bowl of cheese grits (They had them on the menu in the Atlanta airport Monday on our way home from Yellowstone).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Thanks all for the prayers and well wishes.  Pat is on a different med and the BP is lower but still a long way from "normal".  At least the numbers are lower than yesterday.  Hopefully as this gets in her system, it will stabilize.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

mm i hope this works well for her. it can be very frustrating and dangerous :( they tried 4 different ones on me before they found one that would work on me  :-\ but now is pretty well controlled. wishing both of you the best and will keep you in my prayers
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

kensfarm

God bless you both.. hope the Mrs is feeling better. 

sandsawmill14

mm if this doesnt work insist on a heart cath. they let my fathers stay 240/110 and higher for almost a year before they sent him to a cardiologist who put him in the hospital and wouldnt let him leave till he was fixed but it was in the 280s ( i forget) over something when i got him to the office  :o the doc like to have passed out when when he found out how high it was, he didnt even examine him just straight to the hospital and came to see him later that day. had to argue with them to get them to let him take the 30 min ride with me instead of going by ambulance :o but 10 yrs later and hes still doing fine and has had no more problems ;D :) :) :) anyway my   point is dont let them jerk you around to long  :-\  praying for you and her

Magicman

Pat's BP reduction has been slow but steady.  The high was an alarming 259/117.  The first med that was used reduced it into the 240's and leveled off.  The second med that was prescribed is steadily but rather slowly reducing her BP.  We have monitored it dropping through the 200's, 190's, etc, and now it is in the 140's.  Her next Dr.'s appointment is on Oct. 13.

Thanks all for your Prayers, Well Wishes, and Concerns.

LeeB

That's great news Lynn. Glad to hear it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

elk42

Thanks for the update  Lynn. I think of Pats BP every day.  A good friend of mine let his go too long and now he has major problems.

Bennie  smiley_clapping
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Shotgun

Mary and I are sure happy to hear of Pat's progress.  You're making good headway, and it looks as though it's do-able to get it back to near normal.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

136/82 at noon today.  The bottom number was a bit higher, but that is the lowest that we have seen the top.

beenthere

Can "live" with those numbers...  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Banjo picker

MM glad to hear that your bride is doing some better.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Thanks all.  We just celebrated with a big old juicy Rib Eye with fixin's.   food3

pineywoods

8)  8)  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup  Thanks for the update Lynn. That was just plain scary..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

red

My local supermarket has a www.Higi.com  blood pressure machine it does a good job of tracking your blood pressure records and weight
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

kensfarm

That's great news MM..  I've seen some home BP testers read 20 pts higher..  so maybe bring it w/ you to her next appointment to compare w/ the docs BP meter.   

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on October 09, 2015, 07:40:53 PM
Thanks all.  We just celebrated with a big old juicy Rib Eye with fixin's.   food3
i hope you done the cooking for her  ??? :D :D :D  i am glad to hear she is starting to get it under control  :)

Magicman

This morning it was 137/81, the lowest AM reading yet.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!