iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alright Formites.....The Goat pulled the trigger on a Pick-Up Truck

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 06, 2015, 07:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeZ

I think the Goat bought it because of the Cat plate on the front. :)
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

Quote from: coxy on October 07, 2015, 08:09:14 PM
nice :) ill give you 4k for I have a 96 with over 400thousand change the oil every 10000m don't use any and get about 18-20m a gal and mine don't look anything like yours ;D
ok ill give 4k and 3bags of sweet feed  :D ;D ;D

sandhills

loghorse

had the same truck in a 96 with 5 speed.stop at a binder dealer and ask for a ph strip for radiator.they have a chart  of how much additive ,they also sell it like 7.00? .fuel filter is easy to change,cimes with gasket.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: loghorse on October 08, 2015, 06:23:06 PM
had the same truck in a 96 with 5 speed.stop at a binder dealer and ask for a ph strip for radiator.they have a chart  of how much additive ,they also sell it like 7.00? .fuel filter is easy to change,cimes with gasket.

What kind of additive? Do you know the name? Do you add it to the antifreeze and water mix?

North River Energy

starmac

It usedto be called napacool (napa brand additive) I forget what international calls it, but get the strips and check it. Many antifreees these days have it and you don't want too much in it either.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

snowstorm

Quote from: starmac on October 09, 2015, 01:58:41 AM
It usedto be called napacool (napa brand additive) I forget what international calls it, but get the strips and check it. Many antifreees these days have it and you don't want too much in it either.
every diesel motor needs this if it has green coolant in it

Just Me

Quote from: North River Energy on October 08, 2015, 10:48:44 PM
Here's a little light reading. Probably not the last word on the topic, but it's a start.
http://www.thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?Cavitation%20Analysis

Thanks. I never really understood the why, just to take care of it. Good read.

Larry

ST Ranch

And every diesel motor needs fuel lubrication

With todays low sulfur diesel fuel, REMEMBER to use a diesel fuel additive - In our colder climate, I have used howes treatment for both lubrication and to stop fuel gelling in the cold and to act as a winter de-icer treatment.

Friend is a cummins mechanic and he says it is mandatory to use a good one.

Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JB Griffin

Add a quart off atf to every tank of diesel, keeps um slick and CLEAN.
Don't do nuthin for water or gellin though.
Howes is good stuff don't do much for water but sure will keep fuel from gellin, and a diesel will run on it straight. I'm bad to fill the fuel filter up with Howes when I change filters, works real good.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Gearbox

DO NOT USE ATF . Atf is RED added to diesel it is still red . Red fuel is off rd and you don't need to try to explain to the DOT why you are running red fuel . YES they do still look in your fuel tanks .
Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Was at the Ford dealership at 7:45 this morning.

2-1/2 hours. Changed oil, changed air filter.....the K&N was really dirty.

I had them put in a new OEM paper filter.

I have 1 front wheel bearing that needs replaced. Ordered.
Checked breaks, greased, new fuel filter. Some one had installed some kind of chip in this truck. That explains the little knob I can turn 3 clicks and makes the truck sound like a jet or some say the Batmobile.

Just the wheel bearing was all they found wrong. Had a spare key made.....not a bad check up.

timberlinetree

Its amazing how clean and no rust. That's shure is a nice one! Congratulations!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

WDH

Next time that we ride over to a sycamore project, we are going in your truck. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

isawlogs

I think I now know where I should be lookin' for my next truck....  The "no rust" has me, wife has a 2012 car that has started to show signs of it.... I ain't going to begin to talk about my '99 F250S\D Power stroke..... Power rust... and will leave it at that.  A probe has gone to mars but we can't, for the life of me , build cars rust free......  :-\ >:(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 11, 2015, 07:42:28 AM
Next time that we ride over to a sycamore project, we are going in your truck.

It'll haul that BIG AMP you got and not even grunt.  :D

WDH

As long as you can tote it to that truck we will be fine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

barbender

Like other northeners, I am super envious of how clean that truck is. It should last you for years, it's a shame that nice clean interior is gonna get all goaty smellin' ;D
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

PASS_AUF

Nice find! You definitely made the right call on getting rid of that K&N! As others have said an additive is necessary as well. Diesel had 500 PPM sulfur in it when your truck was made, today it has 15 PPM sulfur in it. Recently I've switched over to Archoil in my Duramax and I've got to say I've been extremely happy. The fuel additive quiets the motor down quite a bit, increases the miles between exhaust regens, shortens the regen, and gives the truck a bit more pep. They also make an oil additive which would help your 7.3's injectors which can suffer from stiction. Archoil is spendy but the quantities used are quite small so you get your monies worth out of it IMO.
Stihl MS362
Stihl FS550
Stihl FS450
Stihl FS250
Stihl FS80
Stihl 026
Husky 555FX
John Deere Gator 825i
John Deere 4066M

Thank You Sponsors!