iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing Logs for wwsjr (Willie)

Started by Magicman, October 22, 2015, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

As Bill said a above, we are "up and sawing". 

As you can see, there is plenty of activity with an LT50 and two LT40SH sawmills running.  Willie is keeping an eye on everything.

Here is Hookpilot, sawing mostly Cherry and Sycamore.

logs2lumber sawed hardwood which included Cherry, Walnut, & Red Oak, etc.

I spent the day sawing ERC.

Bill Gaiche and Marty stacking pallets of ERC.
FF members RALFF, Slider,  Andy White, & Marty, plus the Ladies are doing a fine job is handling logs, lumber, slabs, flitches, & sawdust.  Be assured that the Ladies are being very helpful.

Oh Yes, we are being well fed. :o  Chicken & dressing, green beans, sweet potato casserole, garlic potato, pear salad, and lots of desserts.   food6

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Looking good Magicman and all of you that made it.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

larrydown60

Just restored my faith in people. This makes my ticker feel good knowing there is still good people like you guys out there. Thank you

Red Good

Very  good of all of you . This place is really different .
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Wallys World

Everyone is doing a great job. Praying that the weather holds good for you all. What a great work is being done! Work hard, stay safe, and have FUN!
Wally
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

customsawyer

8) smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thechknhwk

How many board feet did you guys bang out today?  Kudos to all involved.

dgdrls

What a wonderful project

very best to all you folks that supported this effort

smiley_clapping

Dan

John S

Great job by all and thanks to MM for another great project.  Be Safe!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Chuck White

Good on ya guys!

Lots going on there, be careful!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Absolutely killer! I can feel the energy from here!  Simply outstanding in every respect,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

4x4American

This is awesome, wish I could have made it with my mill.  Just wait til one of his customers shows up and sees all the mills in action!
Boy, back in my day..

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

fishpharmer

@woodmizer @CWarner hope your watching.  Your mills bring out the best in folks!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

Awesome!!!
And would be awesome to be a part of that activity. Willie is so fortunate to get to see this happen, and more kudo's to Jeff and all who helped get this Forum off the ground and running smoothly.

Prayers for Willie and family.
Safe work and travel for all.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CWarner

Thank you fishpharmer. As Magicman says, "when you have the opportunity to help, and the means to do so, help and you will be blessed." Thank you for the opportunity, the stories we hear from WM sawyers never cease to amaze us. Thank you all for making it a blessing to work at WM every day. Safe travels to all and our best wishes and prayers to Willie and his family.

pineywoods

Probably everybody has been too busy to notice.. Tomorrow is veterans day. Willie is very much a veteran, having served for many years...Thanks Willie, from a fellow vet....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

fishfighter

Quote from: pineywoods on November 10, 2015, 11:57:47 AM
Probably everybody has been too busy to notice.. Tomorrow is veterans day. Willie is very much a veteran, having served for many years...Thanks Willie, from a fellow vet....
CT

Today is the Marine Corps Birthday. Semper Fi my brothers.

Y'all guys are going at it. Sweet.

plowboyswr

Keep the pictures coming. God bless each and every one of you who are there working. I tried to get off work but alas the boss said not this week. ::) so I took the last week of the month off instead. :D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Banjo picker

You guys made the channel 9 news out of Tupelo Mississippi.  FF got some good pr from it as well.  Looks like it will be over before I can get there.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

logs2lumber

well the last two days i have been able to help saw for Mr Willie and was a awesome experience. I got to meet some of our brothers and sisters from the forum that we call family. Other than a sawmill shootout seeing 3 mills running in harmony is a great site. Everything was running like a well oil machine and a big thanks to the ladies for all there help pulling and stacking lumber right along side the men.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Banjo picker on November 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM
You guys made the channel 9 news out of Tupelo Mississippi.  FF got some good pr from it as well.  Looks like it will be over before I can get there.  Banjo
http://www.wtva.com/Itawamba_man_gets_help_in_a_time_of_need_.html
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Hookpilot

Rebecca and I truly had a great time and I learned a lot over the last couple days. Regrettably I had to come home to go to my day job tomorrow. This was a great time for a good cause.  Small world, Willie's son-in -law and I work for the same company in Huntsville. Thanks to all for the kind words.

For all those still on the job be well, be safe and see you soon we hope.
Keith & Rebecca
WMLT50
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
                 -- John Quincy Adams

Thank You Sponsors!