Started by Josh3760, November 11, 2015, 07:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Josh3760

Kbeitz are those relays? If so what kind dpdt?
Josh

Kbeitz

Quote from: Josh3760 on November 13, 2015, 11:36:48 AM
Kbeitz are those relays? If so what kind dpdt?

Yep... 8 pin DPDT....

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Josh3760

Just thought I would do a little update. I got both motor mounts made and motors mounted on the frame made the control box and got most of the electrical components mounted. The power lift on the head works great my right arm is already feeling better! As for the power feed its still a work in progress. Still haven't got the wiring quite figured out. My  speed controller is not setup to control the ground like previously posted. But here are a few pics.

Josh

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

dean herring

Can I replace the remote control cable on a 12000 lb. Warn winch with a simple toggle switch. I would like to have the switch mounted beside my log trailer winch so I don't have to hook and unhook every time. Thanks
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Remle

Quote from: dean herring on January 10, 2016, 10:40:30 AM
Can I replace the remote control cable on a 12000 lb. Warn winch with a simple toggle switch. I would like to have the switch mounted beside my log trailer winch so I don't have to hook and unhook every time. Thanks
Yes, you can add the toggle switch to the system. I have one on my 4 wheeler with a double pole, double throw on a 3500 lb winch. The contacts burned up and the dealer wanted $ 300 for a replacement system, I found one on E-bay for $14. My system had no other parts, it just reverses the polarity to the motor. That being said your 12000 lb winch would require a lot heavier switch to handle the amperage required. How ever, I would assume that your system all ready has that taken care of and you could add the toggle switch to the system (box) where the remote system plugs in and use the toggle or remote cable if done properly. One other option is to get a wire less remote for the winch to replace the current hard wire system, they are great as well. I have one of those on a winch that can be hooked to my trailer for snatching up things like lawn mowers that do not run, it's nice to be able to steer the mower and control the winch at the same time. The most important thing is to also add a fuse to the power line to protect every thing.. learned that the hard way, stalled the winch and nearly burnt up my tractor.

Kbeitz

Two ways I would do this.... Search ebay for ....

Winch Remote Control Kit 12V DC

Or

12V Solenoid Relay Contactor & Winch Rocker Thumb Switch
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Josh3760

Quote from: Remle on January 10, 2016, 12:16:45 PM
Quote from: dean herring on January 10, 2016, 10:40:30 AM
Yes, you can add the toggle switch to the system. I have one on my 4 wheeler with a double pole, double throw on a 3500 lb winch. The contacts burned up and the dealer wanted $ 300 for a replacement system, I found one on E-bay for $14. My system had no other parts, it just reverses the polarity to the motor. That being said your 12000 lb winch would require a lot heavier switch to handle the amperage required. How ever, I would assume that your system all ready has that taken care of and you could add the toggle switch to the system (box) where the remote system plugs in and use the toggle or remote cable if done properly. One other option is to get a wire less remote for the winch to replace the current hard wire system, they are great as well. I have one of those on a winch that can be hooked to my trailer for snatching up things like lawn mowers that do not run, it's nice to be able to steer the mower and control the winch at the same time. The most important thing is to also add a fuse to the power line to protect every thing.. learned that the hard way, stalled the winch and nearly burnt up my tractor.

Yep what he said. My 12k warn winch all the remote has in it is a toggle. The relay is on top of the winch.
Josh

dean herring

Thank you all. That will be my next project after I finish the cedar I'm sawing up now.
We got several trees to go get if it ever dries up enough.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!