The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: work jeans  (Read 5703 times)

Offline so il logger

• Share Post
Re: work jeans
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 01:42:36 AM »
You mentioned jeans in topic, but I have not worn jeans in years. Too hot in summer and not flexible enough for woods walking all day with a brush saw. Jeans wear me out, and I don't wear rain gear on rainy days either. There's a change of clothes in the truck for the drive home. ;D I wonder how many miles is in a piece of land 100 m (333 feet) long, 40 m (128 feet) wide, taking a 1 m (3 feet) wide path back and forth? I figure close to 4 km (2.5 miles). Lately I've been covering 6 km. :D And that's not like walking down the road. :D :D I wear 'Big Bills' poly/cotton work pants and shirt year around. But of course woolies underneath when she dips -10 and colder. And I don't brush cut in the winter. ;D I could never wear Dickies, I don't know who they are making their work wear for, but I and anyone I've talked to about the brand can't wear the stuff. It don't fit any man that walked on Canadian ground. :D

Dickies work jeans fit me  :D I am walking more in a days time plus packing a saw and gas and oil. Maybe thats the difference  ??? And i dont live in canada, that may be it. I have more pairs of wild axx jeans than carhart or dickies. Around here we have briars and itch weeds. Wal mart pant's don't hold up

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 05:50:59 AM »
I am walking more in a days time plus packing a saw and gas and oil.

Not if your cutting big trees, I've cutting all the little ones your walking by to the big ones, every square inch of ground walked on or saw hovers over.  I'm walking constantly all day, except 5 minutes to fill a tank with gas. Not out at the truck or on a  skidder. I pack a 25 lb saw and gas, water, tools........ When I'm out to the truck it's to go home. Or grab a second saw. :D :D

Your built a lot different than a Canadian. There is not enough seat area in them pants and the shirts are tight around the elbows. I just through a bunch out because I couldn't take it no more. And bought Canadian made for a Canadian man. And no, if you thin with a brush saw you haven't a big gut hanging over your belt. :D
No amount of belief makes something a fact. James Randi

Offline jdonovan

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 06:47:21 AM »
been having good luck with arborwear. Still cotten like jeans, but seems to be a tighter weave so the thorns penetrate a LOT less. Got 'em in dark brown, and they don't seem to show grease/oil stains much.

Also I've been using suspenders with them quite a bit and that seems to be a mixed blessing. When I'm on the ground doing saw work its a big plus. Pants never seem to be falling down, or too tight, and stay right in place. But in a machine the suspenders seem to slide off my shoulders. But in a machine, I generally don't have problems with the pants staying in place, so I just pop the straps off the shoulders when I get in the machine.

Offline Glenn

• Full Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 08:03:41 AM »
Swampdonkey - what canadian manufacture do you buy from.  Im Canadian and Dickies work well for me but id like other options to try,

Offline dgdrls

• Senior Member x2
  • Learning the Art of Milling Logs
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 08:20:14 AM »
I like the cut on the Key logger jeans for anytime other than summer then its rip-stop material time
I also have a pair of Filson Tin Pants that are wonderful,

Dan

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 08:29:39 AM »
Swampdonkey - what canadian manufacture do you buy from.  Im Canadian and Dickies work well for me but id like other options to try,

Big Bill's, most saw shops and Ag places sell them here. But I also order online out of Laval, Quebec

http://www.gostwear.com

model 147 shirt  button up not snaps

Model 1947 pants

They have other styles and brands

Offline Glenn

• Full Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »
Thanks SD !

Offline shinnlinger

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »
I have wandered into uniform supply places like Kleen and purchased used pants from time to  time.   Usually they are lDickies and less than $2 a pair.  They wear well and can't beat the price.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Offline so il logger

• Share Post
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 12:31:16 AM »
I am walking more in a days time plus packing a saw and gas and oil.

Not if your cutting big trees, I've cutting all the little ones your walking by to the big ones, every square inch of ground walked on or saw hovers over.  I'm walking constantly all day, except 5 minutes to fill a tank with gas. Not out at the truck or on a  skidder. I pack a 25 lb saw and gas, water, tools........ When I'm out to the truck it's to go home. Or grab a second saw. :D :D

Your built a lot different than a Canadian. There is not enough seat area in them pants and the shirts are tight around the elbows. I just through a bunch out because I couldn't take it no more. And bought Canadian made for a Canadian man. And no, if you thin with a brush saw you haven't a big gut hanging over your belt. :D

Not arguing by any means but yes most of the time I am in bigger timber. Far as walking I would say at least 5 miles per day, but that's from the landing to cut zone 2-3 time's daily and all the step's it takes falling and topping. I am thin, 34-34 is my jeans size. I don't have a gut hanging over anything :D Are canadians built different than americans? I'm just curious

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2015, 02:53:58 AM »
Some of us must be, because those Asia made garments never fit me, the sizes are wrong. A size 34 in Dickies is tight like a 32, in Big Bill's they have more seat area and not tight on me. My arms are not like Jake's on here and those Dickie shirts, even a large is tight around the elbows and shoulders. We must be talking about a different Dickie's than I've ever seen. As I said I tossed mine out and warned the same would happen if anyone bought me any. That explains it why they are $16 a pair. Cutting on materials. :D :D :D :D

Offline zoefoster

• Member*
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 03:27:54 AM »
I recommend you to dickies work pant, Very durable and low in price.

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 08:04:42 AM »
Prison Blue Jeans. Made on the inside for life on the outside.
Seems they use a heavier material and will but brace buttons on for no extra charge.
The First 60 some years of childhood is always the hardest.

Online mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2021, 08:07:47 AM »
I like wildass and carhartt double knee.  
Revelation 3:20

Offline Tacotodd

• Senior Member x2
  • To learn and help
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2021, 01:14:41 PM »
I like my mil-surp BDUs, they fit me well. Its just whether or not the surplus store that I get mine from has them in stock. I have a strange fit, 36 inseam and 34 waist, med-long is the size label youll find on mine. Never seen them at any places online and like to buy what has been tested to be a good work class for our boys in harms way. Heck, I wear mine even for when Im just lounging around the house. I find them comfortable as well. Im likely to even show up at the pig roast wearing them. Tough as nails and shed thorns very well. Warm in winter and not to bad hot in summer (even with chaps on).
Trying harder everyday.

Offline moodnacreek

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawin by the notches
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2021, 04:22:32 PM »
Wrangler/Riggs doubles fit me better than Carhart and they have the suspender buttons. Until the weather gets hot, then I can't stand them. The lightest duct Carhart's I can find. [for hot weather].

Offline caveman

• Senior Member x2
  • In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 08:23:17 PM »
I've been wearing the WildAss jeans for years but they have been out of stock for months and the price jumped from around $19 to $33 a pair.  I have a couple of pairs double kneed Riggs and they are fine but they are heavy, hot and take a long time to dry after washing.  I wore a pair of Levi's last Saturday for about two hours.  I came inside and changed.  I grew up wearing them but sometime along the way they took belt loops off, which lets my belt worn tools slide too far to the back, lowered the waistline and generally made them much less durable.  I'll keep a pair behind my truck seat for emergencies.

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2021, 08:29:59 PM »
I refuse to wear Levi's after I saw them jumping on anti-second amendment and other social causes a few years back. Not that I expect anyone else to😊
Too many irons in the fire

Offline dgdrls

• Senior Member x2
  • Learning the Art of Milling Logs
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2021, 09:10:34 PM »
Key denim logger's when its cooler out
Filson Tins if its wet or even cool
For hot weather, military combat uniform trousers, love the button fly and drawstring waist and legs.

D

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2021, 03:22:31 AM »
I refuse to wear Levi's after I saw them jumping on anti-second amendment and other social causes a few years back. Not that I expect anyone else to
About 4 years ago, North Carolina’s White Oak plant closed up the last true denim weaving mill in the US. I wonder if Levi's price is still $90 a pair? :D As I said earlier, haven't warn denim in years. Way too hot, they don't slide well on your legs when walking when your hot and sweaty. Makes walking more work than it needs to be. And I hate wet soaked heavy jeans. :D

Offline Ed_K

• Senior Member x2
  • Leave it better than you found it. Ed_K
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2021, 05:19:10 AM »
 I wear a uniform pant and shirt from Wear Guard, haven't worn blue jeans for 25 yrs. But a chemo that I just started gave me an extended belly  :o :( >:( . So I'm trying some stretch jeans from wrangler. Their ok but I found they took two of the loops off so it's hard to keep my leatherman were I like it. Rita tried to extend the button on the wear guard pant but it looks funny  ;D .
Ed K

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Frisco Jeans

Started by pappy19 on General Board

3 Replies
Last post November 14, 2014, 01:01:29 PM
by pappy19
xx
Jeans Manufacturer in Connecticut

Started by Tam-i-am on General Board

8 Replies
Last post June 02, 2015, 12:20:23 PM
by Bruno of NH