iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2015 Christmas Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Started by Jeff, December 12, 2015, 04:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Make that six mon ami!!!!   :)

If this Frenchman can figure it out  ;D   :P :P :P

Poston, ya might want to take the ear muffs off to listen to what the man says!!   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

You could always bribe your fellow members that figured it out, but then if they told you, their odds of winning goes down. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 14, 2015, 06:27:54 PM
You could always bribe your fellow members that figured it out, but then if they told you, their odds of winning goes down. ;D

I gonna do it myself. I will write EVERY word you say down on paper....and I mean every word. I have already started.
I simply WILL NOT lose to the North!  CHARGE!!!  smiley_horserider

I have me, Julie and Paul working. We start the recording. write down 3 words you say...stop it....back up 2 words and add the 3rd and keep going. Should have the answer before the Pig Roast.  :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I'll save you some time. you will only have to listen to the parts where we talk about the contest.  Yer goona feel like such an idiot.  :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 14, 2015, 07:25:18 PM
I'll save you some time. you will only have to listen to the parts where we talk about the contest.  Yer goona feel like such an idiot.  :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

I already do.  yikes_smiley
But I represent my type of people and we vote.  :D

thecfarm

I am almost ready to eat a bowl of grits for the answer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WELL KISS MY GRITS!

I feel lower than a snakes belly in a wagons rut. (old saying )

I'm in like flint! ( old saying )

The only thing that bothers me is when I added my answer to the existing address, I had to hit "space" before it would work.
If I tried it after after typing the last letter, it would not work. After typing the last letter, I hit "space" then "enter"......BAM.....I was in.  8) Maybe its a "Mac" thing.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I did not bribe anyone. Its funny how when "top shelf" prizes are involved nobody has even heard of a Goat.  >:(

But by writing all Jeff's words down.....trust me......there are 3 words that go together. (Thanks Paul).

Reply #54 helped a lot. ;D

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 14, 2015, 08:25:02 PM
whatagoat. ;)

You really should be ashamed of yourself for playing with my Southern Intelligence. :)

SawyerBrown

The SawyerBrown is in the running for some nice prizes!  Yeeee -hah!  (as The Goat might say)

Very clever.  The rest of you guys might as well give up and just let us compete for those nice prizes, you'll NEVER get it!   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Maine372

I'M IN!

My wife is sulking that we couldn't race the word search this year.

Thank you jeff and tammy!

kensfarm

I would try..  but my computer doesn't have any speakers. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: kensfarm on December 14, 2015, 09:13:11 PM
I would try..  but my computer doesn't have any speakers.

Could you use head phones?

kensfarm

Thanks Poston.. just didn't hook any up last time I did a system rebuild.. they're in a box in the closet.  Guess it might be time to dust them off.. those prizes are looking pretty nice. 

Dan_Shade

It took me a while, but I'm in.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Brian_Weekley

You know when you've listened to a personality on the radio for years and then you're disappointed when you finally see a picture of them—because they never looked like you imagined?  For many of us, this is the first time we've heard the mysterious voice behind the mug we've seen on the forum for years.  Well, I'm here to certify that Jeff definitely sound like a Michigander!  In fact, I couldn't help but think he sounds a lot like Jeff Daniels (who, of course, was raised and lives in Chelsea, MI).   :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvl1ck1BqPs

e aho laula

Philbert

Listened 4+ times.  Could not have found it without the additional clues provided.

Thanks.

Philbert

Chuck White

I don't have any idea how many times I've listened to the podcast, I've run out of ink in 2 pens writing down possible clues and got sore fingers from typing in the address and I just don't get it!   :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doctorb

OK.  I'm in.  Was obvious, as advertised.  But I have to give some cred to Poston, whose post about adding a space at the end was key to interrupting my frustration.  I thought I heard the answer the first time through, and I was correct, but without the "space", the correct answer goes nowhere.  Yes, I, too, am on a Mac.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

That space definitely has to be a mac thing, because it simply isn't the case with a PC or android phone.

5 more entries over night! :)   Some I could technically throw out, as they didn't add their usernames as required. I ask that so I can quicky identify you, but using the forum email for to complete the contest adds the member's email of record from the forum, so I can easily figure out who they are that way.  Getting a contest email entry from an unknown to me address that simply says,

Thanks for the contest,

Joe

Give me no idea...

Hilltop366

No space required for me, on my Mac.

To add to the mystery. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Hilltop366 on December 16, 2015, 10:54:58 AM
No space required for me, on my Mac.

To add to the mystery. ;D

Maybe one of us should update our software.  ;D

doctorb

My software was updated to the El Capitain iOS X version in October.  That was its own bundle of joy. :-\.  And I am on an iMac, note a notebook.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!