iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New at forum but not sawmilling

Started by BRP, March 30, 2002, 01:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRP

I have been reading this forum and decided to join since the rain here in AR is keeping me from milling a customer's logs, ???but it's o.k. we will be begging for the rain this August. You guys keep me informed about the biz and also make me laugh in the wee hours before I put the metal to the wood.If anyone has a TK and Mike at the factory can't help then maybe I can save you a headache.We learn everyday in this biz.

Tom

Hey Burp....uh...BRP  welcome to the forum.  You musta been hangin' around awhile.  Tell us whatyou do and how. :P

Jeff

Welcome BRP!

Please excuse Tom, We don't like to talk about it.. but... Its...Its the drinkin. He cant help it. Tom.. excuse yerself. The guys first post and ya BRP all over him.

Glad to meet ya, like Tom said, 'cept the Brp um.. burp. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JoeyLowe

Welcome to the forum.  I'm relatively new to the forum and brand new to sawmilling.  I post a lot of questions so if ever you can enlighten me, I look forward to your responses. ;D
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Frank_Pender

Welcome, BRP.  It is nice to have a new memeber on the "log".  Please, let us know your whereabouts and the sort of milling to which you aspire :P and accomplish. ;)
Frank Pender

BRP

You guys always make me laugh... :D...I needed that.Well lets see.....I live in west central AR(Hey Arky)and run a TimberKing B20 full time,been in the portable biz 2 years and have also worked for the big guys,so I know something about circle mills(I was a millwright).I will saw anything my mill can handle within reason of course.Prefer to saw pine and cedar for ease but oak is my fav for beauty and like to see whats under the bark,yall know what I mean.The TK is a fine machine after making some mods and I am also one of only two customers running v-belts,works like a dream.
Buddy R.Patterson.........see where BRP comes from..lol...

Jeff

Another use for the forum. We heard it helps you loose weight. Now we know it relieves acid indigestion. No more Brps!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

That Timberking is a pretty good mill.  I thought it a little light when I first saw it but a friend of mine has one and it is a real workhorse.  

I met the president of the company a couple of years ago at the timber harvesting show up towards Alma Ga. outside of Baxley.  He struck me as a fine dedicated trustworthy type and he sounded as if his aim for his company was to stand behind their mill, whatever it took. From my impression of him, you made a fine decision for a mill and a company.

I didn't know they offered V-belts.  The ones I have seen have flat steel wheels with rims on the back. (I think)  Was that a request for a different wheel?

BRP

TK will offer new bandwheels with the belts in about three weeks :-X I had my wheels grooved for B56's because I was tired of the problems with steel on steel.Thought the mill was light until I sawed a 34''x12' red oak last summer,mill did fine but it was all I could do to get the log on the loader arms,it even bent my loader forks on the tractor so I had to build a stronger set.I wanted to test the mill and it passed!

woodmills1

welcome, jump right in and offer you two can o peas worth. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodman

You sound  like your going to fit in here just fine. But watch out for Woodmills he's been trying to get rid of dem peas for a long tine   :D :D :D 8) :)
Jim Cripanuk

Corley5

Welcome!!  That's pretty country you call home.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woodmills1

I don't know how some of the others can get offbearers by just offerin a can o peas, heck I would even throw in some fresh cooked home fries :D but can't get no takers to help move the 12 and 18 foot red oak 8x8's I have been cutting 8)
I figure the long ones weigh in at over 700 pounds :D easy at half that!! :D

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

BRP

Been there, done that.
Hey them peas are too expensive to give away,give the cost cutter brand instead with butter dash of pepper and garlic. ;)
mmmmmm...................

L. Wakefield

Hey, we have a few of those folks who stand at the corner of Congress and St. John's streets, holding up the sign that says- 'will work for food'. You could cruise by there with your can of peas and you might get some takers.

Alternatively, you could change the offer to 'pea-nuts'- and get on of them grey fellers who always carries his trunk with him. Now THEY can move some wood if they are so inclined. you'd have to provide indoor housing for that type tho- and they do have a JUMBO appetite.   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!