iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am breaking bandsaw blades.

Started by Deese, February 05, 2016, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Deese

QuoteLots of times you can also hear the crack as it goes around, causing a rympthmic "shick" sound.  It's a "dead band walking" when you hear that, she's gonna blow. 

Exactly.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Deese

QuoteLots of times you can also hear the crack as it goes around, causing a rympthmic "shick" sound.  It's a "dead band walking" when you hear that, she's gonna blow.

If I hear the band breaking, I just keep on sawing until it breaks. Just like you said, there's no turning back once you hear that familiar sound.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Chuck White

If I hear a cracked blade, it comes off the mill immediately, no need to mess up the B-57's, or wasting time fishing the broken band out of who knows where.

Just sayin'.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ox

Me too.  I hear the clicking, time's a ticking and I'm not gonna be pickin'..........
the blade out of my mill when it breaks.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Thank You Sponsors!