iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LT300 Tapered Lumber side to side

Started by MIsawyer, March 29, 2016, 03:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIsawyer

Im running an LT300 that has been showing taper on the boards side to side but not end to end.  Band is level to the rails.  Any ideas? 

Joey Grimes

Check your side supports for square it may be from over clamping
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

esteadle

Do you mean that the thickness is changing over the length of the board?
Or is the width changing over the length of the board?
If the latter, how do you edge the boards?
Also, is this for a mill set up to be stationary, or are you moving your mill from place to place?

Chuck White

Sounds like the boards are a different thickness, one side vs the other side, not lengthwise.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JustinW_NZ

as mentioned, check the side supports are square (or a fraction leaning in) and also the head should be not level with the bed, but the outside should be slightly raised.
when it hits the wood and 'bites in' the head sinks in and levels out a little. 1/8th of an inch i think? or 1.5mm give or take for us metric people  :D

im pretty sure the WM industrials are the same as the portables and thats the case with them.

I often knock my back supports over and have to watch making a trapezium and not a square cant..
Doesnt matter so much for taking boards off after the first one though.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Thank You Sponsors!