iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OldJarheads Milling Thread...

Started by OlJarhead, April 06, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Badi babadi badip that's all folks...

I leave work at this location for the last time shortly :)  Woop!  8) 8)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Old Greenhorn

OK! now its finally time to get down to the serious work of enjoying life. And don't go back there again!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

OlJarhead

Amen!  And I did just fix the mill (I'm pretty sure anyway) so I need to make sawdust right after taking a short vacation :D

Magicman

Fixed but not complete.  I see two additional hydraulic Side Supports and an Operator's Seat. 

Woot !!!  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OlJarhead

OlJarhead

Magicman

What....you didn't slice da bread !!!  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OlJarhead

lol true!  But I will soon!

We are camped out at Lac La Hache Provincial Park just north of 100 Mile House.

OlJarhead

Magicman

OlJarhead

beenthere

Those kids need more toys...  :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OlJarhead

Just one kid but I had been collecting Hitwheels for his dad 25 years ago and finally managed to deliver them all 😉 Most still in bubble wrap too.

There is a strong Filipino community here and I suspect the massive toy amount (outside of the boxes we brang) is in part a result of that community lol
But mom and dad have been giving a lot away to reduce it a little.

LOL and we didn't help hahaha

OlJarhead

Eagle Bluff Fire in Oroville WA & Lone Line Fire in Osoyoos BC #Wildfire #forestfire - YouTube
We drive through the Eagle Bluff fire on the way home!  Way to close to our property for comfort even though it's 20 miles as the crow flies (or so).

Peter Drouin

Once you learn to work with the seat, you'll say, why didn't I do this a long time ago?
You can do more with it. and cut a lot faster.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

OlJarhead

Magicman

Peter modified his Operator's Seat for easy off-on because his sawmill is set up permanent.

I use a step stool when the front is higher.

WV Sawmiller

My priorities in life are different so I am backing up to that picture of the sliced bread. That picture reminded me of many years ago we visited Heiny's Cheese Factory in Berlin Ohio (Amish country) and after a quick walking tour of how the cheese was made we visited the store and bought some cold cuts and hot pepper mustard then walked across the road to the bakery with the big picnic table on the porch for lunch. We bought a big loaf of Fresh Mueslix bread and sliced it with my Leatherman tool and slathered (Proper southern culinary term) the bread good with that hot pepper mustard, and added cheese and sliced ham and it was truly a feast. I had to walk back over to Heiny's store and buy some more HP Mustard before we left.

BTW - on that trip we had Neele (Nee-lah) one of our German exchange student daughters along and she heard the women in the bakery talking in their native tongue and told us they were speaking German but it was "Old German" which I guess meant they had different accents and such. Of course I would never have known the difference if she had not mentioned it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

OlJarhead

Thanks guys!

And here us the last of the @Crossroads in action videos.

https://youtu.be/Rik3ofPdaxk

OlJarhead

I need to go out and test what Kevin told me:  that he can run both his side supports and log clamp at the same time.  I seem to think I can't do that...hmmmm

Magicman

Yes you can run two hydraulic operations at the same time.  They will be slower because you are dividing/sharing your hydraulic pump's output capacity.  A SuperHydraulic can handle it better, but it too will be slower.

OlJarhead

I need to go try that.  I though the clamp and log turner can't run at the same time and the side supports are part of the cla.ps hydraulics

OlJarhead

Well I'll be!  I can I deed.  Seems up on the side supports and in on the cla.p work but. ot down on the supports and in or out on the clamp

OlJarhead

For those wondering about my laser install I finally finished the video...
https://youtu.be/_OioBMyBuh4

I think the Allison cam wins 😉

OlJarhead

8)  So I think I've finally sorted out my mill!

It wasn't the plugs etc as some (including me) expected but rather the O2 sensor -- but until I get a new one installed I won't be sure...stand by!

Thank You Sponsors!