iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trouble with my tire company

Started by Woodhauler, June 22, 2016, 04:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Not going to name names, but the company that has been handling my tires for the last 3-4 years have lost two of my tires and aluminum wheels! New wheels cost me 265 apiece plus first time caps! The salesman that came around and picked them up quit/got fired after 4-5 years. Several other people have lost tires to the same guy. Company can't find them. And won't call me back.  I have no record of him taken them cause it was never a issue. Take them, cap them and bring them back. Now I wonder if he was at the verge of getting caught doing this. Hopefully I can get something from them. >:(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Well good news!!! Owner of company called, two tires coming my way!! Said the salesman left on good terms, just had a pile of tires that only he knew who owned. Guy said they did there best to figure out the mess but some got screwed up! But that means some people got tires that wasn't theres and never told the company.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

easymoney

glad that you got that straightened out. i took a set of used tires into a local tire shop and asked them to mount them on a pickup of mine a few years ago. while mounting them they had a problem getting one of them to go on the rim. somehow they punched a hole in the sidewall of one of them with a tire tool. he took it back off the rim and announced that if i found another tire he would not charge me to mount it. no apology or anything. i did not say anything but i thought you will not have to mount another tire for me.

Sixacresand

At one of the big box stores, I dropped my car off and ask them to mount two new tires on the rear to replace two tires that were worn out.  The front tires had been replaced two week earlier and still had the green dye on them.  I was told to stay out of the bay area.  Two hours later, 10 minutes before the shop closed, they said they were done.  I paid, got my keys, and found they had replaced the new tires and the bald tires still on the car.  Before I could complain, the shop door was locked and staff gone.  I got the store manager involved and he call the auto dept guy and told him the situation.   Of course it was my mistake, no apologies offered.  The customer is always the idiot in this business culture.  Was not too funny when I insisted I use a hammer from the tool dept to break open the lock on the tire bin to retrieve my good tires.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

FirewoodFactory

My wife was on a trip down island and needed a flat fixed.  Two dudes aggressively sell her four new tires.  They were barking up the wrong tree. 

She had none of it and found another shop.  The tire toad there said that the boys she saw first were known to have a collection of gently used tires for their autocross/burnout habit and pushed unnecessary upsales to keep it going.  Cheap, dishonest and lazy 8!@#%^&*! (I'm only ever ttwone of those things at any given time.)
I'm just a welder pretending to be a sawyer.

Thank You Sponsors!