iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

help me decide

Started by Skioutty, July 24, 2016, 05:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skioutty

DelawhereJoe

Just remember that the saw will cut noticeably faster then your current saw so please watch out for your body parts getting in the way.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

btulloh

HM126

Skioutty

I'm no rookie. I've been around saws my whole life, just stepped into something bigger. .........but being cautioned is always heard.  smiley_thumbsup

Ada Shaker

Nice saw. Interested in selling it?. :D
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

DelawhereJoe

That saw out your way in the Yarro Valley is what around $1600 ?
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Ada Shaker

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on July 27, 2016, 08:31:34 PM
That saw out your way in the Yarro Valley is what around $1600 ?

That's round about what she cost me, a little more with some files oil and the like ::)
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

Skioutty

So I got to use the new saw for a few big cuts.
Me likey lots! I'll have some more time with it on Monday.

dean herring

Jmop
There are 2 kinds of saws Sthil and the other ones
Luv my Sthil 290, 20" bar
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

The Diesel

You will love that saw.  It gets more powerful after around 5-6 tanks of gas.  I was noodling/quartering 30" diameter oak with the 362cm yesterday for a few hours yesterday for my neighbor.  I run 25" bar with stihl rs chain.

I was going to go with 362 or a 461 but went with 362 because it will be my main saw and I don't cut enough big stuff to justify the weight.  Also my 70 year old dad will be using.

Bill Saf

The ms 280 isn't really that bad of a saw for what it is. I have one and others to but I do run mine with a 20" full comp and a 8 pin drive with a mm. No it don't pull like my 365sp running 24" with full comp and mm. I would not throw it on the shelf just yet.

Bill

opticsguy

I purchased the 391 about two months ago, my interest was a larger saw for obviously cutting larger wood.  The saw is heavy, at least for me, but cuts very well and fast. At 67 years old, I would not want to carry this around all day.  But for fast cutting it is a very good saw.
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Skioutty

I've got at least 5 tanks through this saw and it really is amazing how well she cuts.
I should have moved up to a bigger saw a long time ago.

Thank You Sponsors!