iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's junkyard find.

Started by Kbeitz, January 09, 2017, 03:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I was using a drill like you posted a picture of back in the late 70's when the Tennessee Tombigbee waterway was being built.  I was drilling a hole in a form to install a she bolt and the drill got away from me.  I just back off and let it turn until it ripped the power cord out of itself.  Then it stopped.  Boss wasn't too happy, but I was not hurt anyway.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Darrel

yes it is! And yours is set up so it can hurt two people.  :D Just like MM said.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Darrel

Quote from: Banjo picker on February 25, 2018, 01:34:13 PM
I was using a drill like you posted a picture of back in the late 70's when the Tennessee Tombigbee waterway was being built.  I was drilling a hole in a form to install a she bolt and the drill got away from me.  I just back off and let it turn until it ripped the power cord out of itself.  Then it stopped.  Boss wasn't too happy, but I was not hurt anyway.  Banjo
I'll bet the boss was happier then he would have been had you ridden it out!

Wow what a ride that would have been! :D :D :D
1992 LT40HD

gspren

Kbeitz, they quit putting the enclosed triggers on drills because they held and broke fingers.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Kbeitz

They just don't make then to last anymore. I have one like this that I got when I was around 16 years old. It's still going strong today.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Darrel

PIn those days, Black & Decker meant quality.
1992 LT40HD

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 23, 2018, 06:22:45 PM
Good score, That will be handy, Just have to be smarter than the tool to not hurt yourself with it. :D :D :D :D
I like to call that the 10% Rule.  You got to be 10% smarter than what your working on, or with... ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Kbeitz

Started the Bobcat for the first time today. Runs good. It has 3179 hours on the working clock. Is that a lot for this tractor?
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

DelawhereJoe

A place I used to work for would basically wear out a forklift before it was paid off. 24hr a day 5 or 6 days per week, 1000 20lb LP cans per hour is what they would fill. They filled for both Blue Rhino and Papco, the boss was making money like crazy. Even his trash, the old brass valves and steel cans he could and would sell.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Kwill

Got one of these kbeitz? Any idea what it does ?

Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Darrel

That is a lice nit comb for a hydraulic ram. 
:D :D :D :D :D
1992 LT40HD

Ljohnsaw

I'd say it's missing it fuzzy covers - it's a Venetian blind duster...  It does have printed on it that it is a "heavy duty chain stretcher", though I'm not sure why you would want to stretch a chain ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

LAZERDAN

It is to install and disassemble flat roller chain.  Mostly farm equipment.  makes life easy when you have one.  I have a couple.       Lazerdan

Jeff

Technically it's not roller chain. Flat detachable ag chain. The tool is called a detacher.  I have several sawmill stories regarding that type of chain, one includind a broken hand when i was holding the chain in the detacher and the guy swinging the hammer missed the chain by 6 inches.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kwill

I wish I could find someone who needs it worse than I do :) it's been setting here on the shelf and gets moved from shop to shop.
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Jeff

There is pretty much at least one on every farm. Common name for it here is farm chain.

Kwill

Yeah a lot of that flat  chain used in my area 
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Darrel

You can find them on sale on eBay starting at 7 or 8 bucks and going up from there. I saw one that looks like yours kwill, the seller called it a "vintage steel & roller chain detacher". Wanted $45.00 for it. 
1992 LT40HD

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

starmac

The important half is not pictured, that would be the hammer.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Jeff

All it is is a holder. The different slots are for different size chain. You could do the same thing with a vice, but its hard to carry a vice out to where most of these chains break! You slide a link in the slot, bend the adjacent link so that the slot in it lined up with the end of the link you are working on, then you use a hammer to either beat the inks apart, or together.

The previous post was removed as it breaks our policy about linking to off site photos.

Ed_K

Works dang good when your laying under a manure spreader fixin that dang wore out chain ;D >:( :(.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!