iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my new logrite cant hook today

Started by Clover, February 24, 2017, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clover

I bought mine from woodmizer but it's got a logrite sticker on it. Woodmizer also had another hook with their name on it. I think the heavier duty ones are a different colour?
The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Home made 30 hp sawmill all hydraulic, stihl 026, 170, pioneer 65, John Deere 955 with home made forks. And a whole slew of other tools

rjwoelk

I nicked mine with the sawmill left it at the end of the log took soon of the rubber off. :o
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

Well that is easily fixed.  LINK

As a followup, this dip is proving to be much better than I imagined or hoped for.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

moodnacreek

To use a logrite cant hook you have to be young or have huge hands.  Eight hours with that fat handle is arthritis for me. any wood handle end should be as small as possible and the absolute highest quality  . This was the way it used to be.  In my mill I have a 4 1\2 foot  a.l.t. cant hook made in 1979 ash handle that has been in continues service. It is taped up now because I rolled a log on it this past year. Peavy manufacturing up in Maine makes wonderful hand logging tools.

Clover

There are a couple of great Canadian and American manufacturers of cant hooks and peaveys. Aluminum, Fiberglas over steel and wood handled. The imported discount ones are the ones we need to avoid. The one I had was complete junk with a fat handle and weak wood and a weak hook. I'm going to get a small "north american" made one for the mill. Love or hate Mr Trump, he is dead on with free trade. Killing North American business with cheap imported junk. Sorry for the rant I hope it's not against the forum rules. I bought a logrite because they are homegrown and a forum sponsor.
Nothing but a race to the bottom that pits worker against worker.
The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Home made 30 hp sawmill all hydraulic, stihl 026, 170, pioneer 65, John Deere 955 with home made forks. And a whole slew of other tools

Brucer

Quote from: moodnacreek on March 05, 2017, 09:20:36 PM
To use a logrite cant hook you have to be young or have huge hands.  ...

I agree completely.

That's why when I rolled a 2000 lb log over my LogRite mill special (small diameter handle), and later wore the rubber off my 5' LogRite peavey, I sawed the end off the mill special (the rest of the handle was like a pretzel) and press fit it into the end of the peavey. Perfect ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!