iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

That one looks good with the red same as the truck.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Quote from: Don P on February 26, 2018, 07:52:25 PM
Not sure what would happen, what if you pick up some of the red from the body... maybe in the strips, dunno?
I'm with him. 
Say when

WDH

I have about had it with nails :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stumpy

Definitely the Black diamond plate with red(the last pic)
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Hilltop366

That last one looks fine.

paul case

I like all the step plates you have shown.

When you first posted about it you said they were to protest the wood running boards and I got ticked. who is protesting that I think the wood running boards are awesome!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WDH

I would not protest those running boards.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brad_bb

Great thread.  Can't believe I never saw it until now!

As for the running boards step plates, I would definitely prefer a more vintage look like this

I think the M.R. Truck font and straight lines are too modern.  What about an old script font for M.R. Truck?  What does old Dodge brothers script look like?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

Dodge didn't use a script like that back then. They were block letters. Like what is on the hood.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brad_bb

It's your truck and you should do what you like.  I'm just making suggestions.  I'm talking about an older dodge script like this

You can add that to the center of the diamond cut running board that I show above, or more complicated but equally cool,

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Don P

Don P

I had to look back, I thought I'd posted that emblem, it was back on pg 27. That script emblem is from very early I believe. My wings are from a '35 by then they were block letters. I guess they earned
the title stodgie dodgie. Henry Ford was kind of an amateur Egyptologist back in the day and an early logo was the scarab beetle, until someone told him the common name, dung beetle, he went to the script logo pretty much immediately   . There was another story about DB pulling that star but I can't bring it to mind.

Jeff

Nice day today above freezing, so I started to get busy on Mr. Truck's King Pin job. Front axle is out and I am done after all that crawling around in a cold cement floor.

samandothers

Ah but done with a sense of accomplishment!  Good job.  Now time for vitamin I.

Jeff

I'm going to take it to a shop tomorrow to get the old pins out and put the new ones in as it will need to be line bored and I don't have the ability to do that.

Ljohnsaw

Please educate me.  Line boring, to me, means making sure all the bearings are in the same plane, like in an engine block.  What needs to be line bored on your axle?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Once the new bushings are pressed in place they need to be line bored to align the top and bottom for the new king pin.

Ljohnsaw

Ah! Thanks.  I was thinking the spindles (horizontal) not the bushings (vertical).
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Yesterday I was out fiddling with M.R. Truck. I was noticing the old marred up shift knob wondering if it would come off. I thought I could clean it up. I got a rag for protection and some channel locks for grip and it broke loose and turned off.  I looked it over then sat it on the bench and went in the house.

Fast forward to this morning. I was having trouble with my computer mouse. Tried a new battery, no good. Then I remembered I had another mouse in the bottom drawer of my filing cabinet. I opened the drawer, and there it was. No, not the mouse, but something else that had been given to me several years ago by my cousin who now owns the old farm where my dad was born, and his dad built in 1904.

It was the old antique doorknob off the old farm house. I had not seen it or thought about it since the day it was given to me those years ago, yet there it was, like it was bring handed to me by my dad and my grandad and they were saying, "Here, use this!" So i went out to the barn, cut off the stem, drilled and tapped it, (seems to be porcelain over a lead alloy).

It is now my shifter knob, and you know who I'll be thinking of each time I shift that old truck.

newoodguy78

Nice!! It even looks like it belongs there. It's neat to think of all the people that have used that knob

coxy

looks good and goes with the wood on the doors 

Magicman

I like it.  Matter of face, I "rally" like it.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I like the Knob but I love the door panels better.   :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mike_belben

Good stuff.  Honor thy father.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!