iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Quote from: Chet on May 31, 2017, 08:40:49 PM
Easy fix, put a drivers side door on both sides.   ;D

And mount the one on the right like a suicide door.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

grouch

Or, put in an AM radio, which requires an antenna for the parking lot delinquents to bend, and ...

fly that banner!

Find something to do that interests you.

Jeff

Today's progress. Mounted the coil in the firewall and painted my dash. I'm going with flat black paint and I'm going to make diamond plate door panels.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Sort of off topic, but that sort of describes life  ;D I enjoy the little connections along the way.
One of the guys went to use the lift gate on the back of the farmers market truck and it threw sparks. I took a look and smoke was coming from the switch that runs the hydraulic pump under there. So I crawled under and pulled the switch loose and started scratching my head. The electric over hydraulic pump is driven by a starter motor and as I looked at this switch, well I've been following this thread and things sort of clicked, I realized the switch is an old floor mounted starter switch that they had fabricated a lever linkage to depress. I got on Ebay and started poking around. It arrived today and I got the lift working again this evening. The switch was NOS from a '42 Studebaker, bolted right up in 5 minutes with no modification what a hoot  :D.

Jeff

Awesome.  :)

I'm really enjoying learning about my truck as I work on it.  :)  I'll have been over every inch of it externally soon. Hopefully there will be no need for internal discoveries. (engine, tranny) :)

Bruno of NH

I like the old truck and I'm glad you are running the motor that it came with.
History  :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

paul case

My first truck was/is a 47 chevy 3/4 ton pickup. My grandad traded 1/2 a hog butchered for it from a neighbor forever ago. He had to pull the motor out of his car to put in it so he could have a truck. It was pop's first truck too.

The motor was wore out when I got it, but it was pretty much bullet proof. They over made those drive trains back then. Keep oil in it and coolant and you will probably be good to go for a long time.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

Breaking a rule. Administrative privilege. ;)

I cleaned my phone out and backed up my truck photos on my Google account and saving the link in here.  Didn't realize how much I'd actually accomplished the last two months since finding the dodge until going over the photos.
https://goo.gl/photos/YUnmJYtEujNVT1f48

Magicman

I have heard of being a "hard tail", but using a sack of QuikCrete for a seat cushion is a bit over the top!   :o   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Boss man, you have done alot! 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Today's flea market find.

thecfarm

I don't believe it!!!!  It's in perfect shape.  8)
I found the license plate my Father had for the tractor in the stone wall,1956, not in the best of shape,like yours.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I had to give twenty bucks for it, but it's gotta be worth it. It'll be the nicest thing on the truck!  :D

thecfarm

More I don't believe it. $20!!!!! What a find.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

TKehl

WOW!  NOS?

In MO if you have a plate from the year of manufacture on an antique vehicle, you can use that as the plate for actual registration.  Same in MI?
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Jeff

I think so. I'll have to research it for sure.

Dave Shepard

MA does something like that, too.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I now wish I had some welding skill. Several things I need to do but have zero confidence in attempting them myself for fear of potentially ruining parts that are irreplaceable.

coxy

I think its the same in NY also for the plates    if I lived closer to you jeff I would do it for you in a heart beat or teach you how to do it its not bad  the only thing I cant do is weld with a buzz box those things are junk but that's jmop  :)

Hilltop366

Practice on scraps that are similar to what you want to weld and set them up in the positions you need to weld in, also watch some instructional videos of welding in those positions then you will know if you want to try it on the real stuff.

thecfarm

What's the thinkness you welding? I would wonder about my welding skills on a frame,driving down the road at 40mph. But think nothing about it on my tractor. Those migs are easy,and I do mean easy. Get one that runs off 220 and it has suited me fine for what I need around here on The Farm.
Must be someone you know will teach ya.

Jeff

Today is teach myself how to make double flare brakeline day.

sandhills

Well you got me beat boss a few weeks ago I made a perfect hydraulic line for dad's tractor, shaped kind of in a kinky U shape I guess, but I matched the OEM one perfect!  It was then I realized I didn't put the fittings back on before making the bends.  My puffed out chest deflated rather quickly  smiley_dunce.  Enjoying watching your progress. 

paul case

I am not sure that is a journey that a midget Dr. should embark on. Let us know how it turns out .

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!