iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A evening of sawing

Started by 123maxbars, July 01, 2017, 11:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I sawed up an old walnut log that I forgot I had. It had been on the ground for 3 years but still turned out some great wood. It always amazes me how rot resistant walnut logs are even if left for a few years after harvesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26H14cSmSI
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Savannahdan

Enjoyed your video.  Thank you for sharing and have a great Fourth of July.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

YellowHammer

Nice log, nice video. 

What software are you using for the video editing? 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

123maxbars

Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

Quote from: YellowHammer on July 03, 2017, 08:45:10 AM
Nice log, nice video. 

What software are you using for the video editing?

Thanks,

I use 3 different software programs for editing,

IMOVIE, Filmora and final cut pro.

each video takes a minimum of 4 hours to finish, this has become a lot of work but I enjoy doing it,  ,
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WDH

Get Cracking on that kiln  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!