iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An AWESOME Start of 2005 for me .

Started by WV_hillbilly, January 01, 2005, 03:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Sandmar

I have that one put aside .

It was comical . When the sawdust hit his backside he stood up real quick and down the legs it went .

Craig

I sawed the one poplar I had ready . I  couldn't stand it any longer , fired up the 4 wheeler to scout out a tree . Found another poplar and down it came . A little while later ,some creative skidding  and on the mill it went .  I sawed till dark  . It was funny yesterday while deer hunting I was kinda bored so I started looking at trees . To bad I wasn't on my place cause I think I'd went and got the chainsaw .Let me know and I'll come and get them .

EZ

I don't think I can do that with the other toys . They are like an extension of my hands . May be next weekend I'll get to use use the lapsider . How about Cherry siding ?  Let me know and I'll make sure we have a log pile next to the mill for when you come down here .
Hillbilly

DanG

I jis' got one thing ta say.  FAN-DANG-TASTIC!!  I like the paint scheme. Where you reckon American came up with them colors? ;D  I doubt you'll sleep much tonite, either. Hope you got a pile of logs to hold ya till the excitement wear's down a little.

That "first board" is whichever one you declare it to be. Mine was a little 1/4x2" splinter of Red Cedar that I cut when I was checking out the mill before the purchase. Linda adopted it and made it into a nick-nack shelf. It holds a tomahawk, a few little dogs, a tractor, and a couple of little horses. Look's pretty cool up there over the window. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

Well there you go another with the Sawdust fever  ;D And it looks like he got it real bad  ;) ;)
 It brings back nice memories , I didn't sleep to well the night prior to picking up my mill..
  I'm real happy for you , they are great toys to play and work with.... :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WV_hillbilly

DanG     I disagree about the not sleeping good tonight . I 'm feeling pretty wupped right now . Came inside , wife had a spectacular supper made , now I'm headed for the lazy boy .  I like the paint scheme too  kinda catchy .  Tommorrow I have to go get 2 trailer loads of logs and next weekend probably 2 more . Most of it is stuff the size that EZ tries on his mill  alot of them are in the 26 to 34 " range .  They include Hard Maple , red oak , and poplar . Those should keep me busy for a while . Now my next problem is I'm running out of space to put all the lumber . I all ready have about 4000bd/ft  on stickers right now .I have accumulated this in the last 3 years and can't use it fast enough .

That sawdust is pretty addicting . I'm trying to figure out how to install the football stadium lights I have to my best advantage .
Hillbilly

isawlogs

Now that you have a mill do you really think you'll ever have time to use your stickered lumber ,....only in your dreams..... ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WV_hillbilly

Don't  tell my wife that  . I need the mill cause some of the stuff I use isn't readily avaliable from most regular sources . That's my story and I'm stickin to it ..
Hillbilly

Weekend_Sawyer

Nice lookin rig! welcome to the world of lots of sawdust.
We milled some poplar today, made nice light green sawdust.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WV_hillbilly

Thanks

Same here Jon I cut 2 poplar logs today and now I'm out till morning .I  have 2 - 28" x 10'  hard maple logs I have to retrieve for the mill . Those 2 should keep me busy for a few hours .  
Hillbilly

jtmccallum

Allright Dan, I know you'll put it to good use.

Congratulations, John
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Furby

CHARLIE

Congratulations Hillbilly!  That is one fine looking mill. You've waited a long time and I know you are flat going to enjoy yourself.  Keep the pictures coming. Sure is a great way to start 2005! 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Captain

THIS IS WAY COOL it is like my brother got a sawmill or something. ;D

So Dan, tell us about the mill a bit more, although I have seen American mills, I am not that familiar with them.  

I am smiling ear to ear, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Captain

Tom_Averwater

Congratulations Hillbilly on your new mill. 8) 8)  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Mark M

Hot DOG....I know how you are feeling!

WV_hillbilly

They are made in Zanesville Ohio which is about an hour west of me on I-70.  Most of the replacement of parts can be bought locally. The mill  will  cut a 32" x 16' 10" log  and is powered by a 20 hp Honda motor . It has a  hydraulic  log loader  and hydraulic turner .  The head is a manual push through the log with electric power up .  The squaring arms and log clamps are manual at this time also .  I hope to change those to hydraulic and add a hydraulic toe board this year .

Another feature I like is the cetrifugal drive pulley on the motor  like one on a chainsaw . You  don't have to engage or disengage the motor from the drive belt . When you throttle down the motor the outside of the pulley quits turning while the center of it still rotates . Its made by a company called Noram .

well I gota go pick up some more logs now  . I 'll  keep the pics coming  .  
Hillbilly

Percy

Heya Hillbilly....Howwwdeeeeeee. ;D

This thread has got me chucklin from one end to the other. ;D ;D First and foremost, congrats on the new mill. Looks like you have a loader attached to it(hydralicks?? ). I read a road test in a magazine a while back on that brand of mill, was a good review, if your cutting enough to tucker you out on the first day, it must work really fine ;D ;D Probly no sleep last nite was a contributing factor hahahha.
Regardless H.B., if this is your first mill, you must be a dedicated sawyer as you are over 600 posts allready. If you ever upgrade, you wont sleep that night either ;D ;D
Anyways, happy newyear to you and everyone else.  And may the sawdust allways blow away from you....AND your offbearers undershorts..hahahhahahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Paschale

Hey Dan!  Way to go on the mill!  I'm pretty happy for ya!  I haven't had time to read the whole thread...but I'm looking forward to it when I get some more free time!  GIDDY UP!  There's trees to be cut!  
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Kevin

Looking good Dan!
I went out to my latest whack this weekend and grabbed a few sticks to make sister saw horses.
You can never have too much lumber in your yard for all those little projects that spring up.  8)

Timber_Framer

That shor is a purdy mill. Congratulations! 8)
Better watch out though you won't have any trees left on your place if you ain't careful  ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

SwampDonkey

Congrats on the new mill. Keep the sawdust a flying and the off bearer happy. Oh, and the sawyer must enjoy himself to.  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV_hillbilly

Thanks again for all the support . I'm like a kid with a new toy . I think I have somesort of ailment . Even the wife  made fun of me . We went to visit some friends  , I was eyeing up some of their trees at a casual glance .She ask me in a sarcastic voice how many boards I thought I could get out of 2 of them , and she has blonde hair .   ::)

Now I have a problem , I have to goto work for 4 days this week and won't get to fire up the saw till Friday. But I have those 2 big maples decked and ready to go .  so the boards are going to be flying then .

Timber Framer

I'm already importing logs to support this habit of eatin sawdust . I trying to figure out if it tastes great or is less filling  ( like the beer  commercial ) . I 'll  have to eat some more to figure that out .

Hillbilly

OneWithWood

I'm happy for you Dan.  I bet your dreams are mostly about making sawdust and  boards and trees and other neat things you need now that you have a mill! :D

The only treatment for this new disease you have acquired is a steady supply of freshly made sawdust!! ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

J_T

Hillbilly have you heard ( if you going to count all them trees LET ME DRIVE) I have heard them all. ;D
Jim Holloway

WV_hillbilly

OWW      the wish list just doubled in size  in the last week .  I can't beleive that my family says I'm hard to buy gifts for . They just aren't buying from the right places .

JT  i haven't heard that one yet .

SwampDonkey  I learned something else about the off bearer too. Don't feed them too much or they want to laydown on you after eatin . I knew I should have taken Tom's lead and only give him a can of peas .
Hillbilly

etat

QuoteI'm like a kid with a new toy

That's a good feeling ain't it!  Congragulations on your new mill! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!