iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

front mount or rear mount snowblower

Started by glassman_48, January 07, 2018, 05:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

I have seen an adaptation profiled that added a rear facing seat between the front and rear wheel on the side of a tractor. An idler steering wheel used a belt to connect it to the regular steering shaft and hand controls got clamped to all the controls to bring them within reach of the operator. Drive facing rearward like a forklift and in the summer unclamp the extensions and take the steering belt off to use the tractor forward facing. Probably not doable on a loader tractor.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Roger2561

Quote from: glassman_48 on January 07, 2018, 06:47:37 PM
roger2561,
Do you lose a lot of ground clearance?  Is it hard or time consuming to put it on?  I use the tractor in summer to disc and plow a deer plot and wondered if it could be left on or would it get in the way of rear attachments.  I will get to a dealer and have them put it on and remove it, does in increase the length for trailering?  If they make a blower to attach to your quick attach bucket, would that have to be run off hydraulics it would not seem that a compact tractor would have the gpm to run one hydraulically.  My neighbor would have to take his off in summer if he has a drive over mower deck if I am seeing this correctly in my mind.

glassman_48 - The avatar shows it from the front end.  The unit installs and removes quite easily.  To install it the front end loader has to be removed.  Erskine provides a plate with 2 heavy duty pins sticking out, facing forward.  The blower unit has a receiving unit for the pins.  Turn off the tractor to connect to the QD's on the tractor with the hydraulic hoses.  Restart the tractor and use the hydraulics to line up the receiving holes on the receiver.  Drive tractor ahead to engage the receiving holes.  Install the quick clips to hold it in place.  At the rear of the tractor is where you'll find the transfer case and PTO shaft.  Using the jack that Erskine supplies, raise the entire frame work to align the connecting plate with the drawbar.  Once the frame is connected to the drawbar rotate the transfer case to it's upright position and bolt it in place - this part takes the longest due to needing a wrench to turn the bolts and tighten in place.  Connect the PTO shaft to the PTO on the tractor and you're ready to go.  Installing takes a bit more time than removing it.  It takes around 5 to 10 minutes to install in, removing it takes perhaps 2 minutes.  I've had mine approaching 10 years and it's never given me any problems.  The only time I sheared a pin was when a piece of asphalt approximately a foot by a foot got caught in the auger; it didn't go anywhere.  If it's maintained, it'll last a long time.  I hope this helps.  Roger   
Roger

Ed

HAD a rear blower for my NH2120......my back and neck couldn't take it.

Went back to the front mount on the 955 Deere.

With the higher rpm of of the mid pto, the Deere will throw snow further than the 2120 did.

Both have hyd rotate, I added a cable control for the spout on the Deere, no need to get off the tractor all the time.

Ed

glassman_48

roger2561,
That makes sense, thats a good explanation.  Thank you and all you other guys that are giving your input.  Going to try to go down this saturday and demo one. 

Thank You Sponsors!