iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Georgia Sawing project 2018

Started by customsawyer, January 21, 2018, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Slider, I second that.  If you own a portable mill you should go.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

customsawyer

Heck you don't have to have a mill at all to come.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

aburnette165

What time do y'all usually get started on Friday?

Barney67

Several members suggested I come over for this event, unfortunately it doesn't look like my ducks are going to get lined up for me to attend. Maybe next year, hope ya'll have fun and post lots of pics.
EZ Boardwalk 40 Mahindra 5570

YellowHammer

Quote from: customsawyer on April 04, 2018, 07:16:01 AM
Heck you don't have to have a mill at all to come.
I never bring mine :D, I just show up with beer and barbecue.   :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

customsawyer

Normally try to kick things off around 9:00 each day. Where this is a educational type event I don't try to hold a set time schedule. If someone has some serious questions and we need to stop then that is what we do. Sometimes the questions bring up more questions and it takes a bit to get things started back up.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

slider

And some fine barbeque I might add. Just don't forget your wife Robert she is a hoot.
al glenn

YellowHammer

We will be coming.  
I'll have room service deliver Poston some croissants and coffee in the morning to wake him up.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thecfarm

Quote from: YellowHammer on April 04, 2018, 10:33:24 PM
I'll have room service deliver Poston some croissants and coffee in the morning to wake him up.  
That will be good. Last time he had The Purple Drink he over slept.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Shouldn't that be croissants, grits and coffee ???

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Andries

Left my baby LT30 at home.
But I'll bring sawyer's restorative elixir (Aleve and Ibuprofen) and a bunch of ice.
I'm good with ice.
We could wake the Poston up with ice, but I'm thinking he'd prefer the grits . . . ?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

It's a week out and y'all started already.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

customsawyer

Had a thought gents. Since it's both Slider's and Jim's birthdays today, we should make next weekend about them. Maybe have a wrestle off or something to see which one wins the cake.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

jmouton

there will be no wrestling ,,,,, :D :D
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Andries

Quote from: customsawyer on April 05, 2018, 07:51:04 PM
It's a week out and y'all started already.
Yup.
The In-Laws house in Sebring, Florida took some "Irma" abuse.
My truck and tools are back in Canada.
Haven't got much more than a tape measure and pencil.
I'm having to deal with the insurance company (wow, my MIL ticked the box for 'hurricane damage'), and trying to get quotes from local contractors that are booked six months out. 
There's blue tarps on houses everywhere you look.
What a mess - and this Glaciated Canadian sure as heck wouldn't want to come back when it's hotter than H this summer.
smiley_devil_trident
About this time next week, I'll be looking for some good fun.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

caveman

I was thinking this afternoon about comparing moisture meter readings on some sample pieces.  Jmoore and I bought a cheap pin type, General meter but it seems to be relatively reliable.  Maybe some of you who have moisture meters that have a reputation of accuracy behind them would bring them to the project, we could compare readings.  

Caveman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It's called Rastling. 
That's how they talk in Georgia:

Brian C.

Does the winner get watermelon flavored grits?

slider

I will be wearing my new Arborwear shirt and hat to this shindig to show our new sponsor that we do  appreciate them. Although the clothes i'm sure can take it i won't be rolling around in the dirt .
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: slider on April 07, 2018, 04:27:15 PM
.......... I won't be rolling around in the dirt .
I give ya 4 hours.  :D :D :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Chris and I are planning to launch our bikes Wednesday afternoon.
We are going to visit our family cemetery in Springfield GA and then work our way over to Jake's by Friday afternoon.

It was 38 degrees at my house this morning. I sure hope it warms up some by Wednesday.

Jon

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!