iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band mill Router Plane

Started by Kbeitz, January 25, 2018, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Quote from: Crusarius on February 20, 2018, 07:29:18 AM
if you hold ctrl key and roll the scroll wheel on the mouse that will change your font size that you see.
Yep. But that changes the whole screen. it's only my typing fonts thats small..
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Crusarius

Yea, as I was responding I saw exactly what you were talking about. I think that is a theme setting Jeff will have to fix.

Kbeitz

I pretty much got it finished. I need to drill two holes for stopper bolts for the limit switch and I'm done.
What a lot of wiring for this little box.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

justallan1

8).........What's the word Mister.
We're dying here wanting to see this thing go. LOL

Kbeitz

I took it all apart today so I can carry it out of my basement. We have had nothing but rain here for the last couple of days. First good day I will get it out and on my mill. Pictures will follow. 
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Today's the day... It's coming out....

I got it stuck....   say_what

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Crusarius

did you ever get it out? that looks kinda precarious.

Kbeitz

Quote from: Crusarius on February 25, 2018, 02:35:18 PMdid you ever get it out? that looks kinda precarious.

Yep... Tough working by yourself...

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

It's out....

Broke a toggle switch... No biggie ...

Got it back upright and ready to go...

Using my crane to help get it back together.

Now I need to fix the broken toggle switch...

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kwill

Looks like it was an eventful day around your place  :)
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

justallan1

I want to see the pictures of when you put the mill and lathe down there, or did you build the house around them? :D ;D
I do understand your situation though with some of the stuff that I've built indoors.

Kbeitz

Quote from: justallan1 on February 26, 2018, 06:56:51 AM
I want to see the pictures of when you put the mill and lathe down there, or did you build the house around them? :D ;D
I do understand your situation though with some of the stuff that I've built indoors.
The lathe was set down the steps with a prentice loader. Never again... The mill I took it all apart and carried each piece down and reassembled. The hardest part was the knee of the mill. I had to lift it high enough to get it started on the dovetails. After the prentice loader set the lathe on the steps I hooked my winch on it and slid it down a sheet of 3/4" plywood to the floor. Then jacked it up and rolled it into place. I don't ever have plans of taking ether one of them out again. They go with the house.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

btulloh

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 25, 2018, 06:23:00 PMYep... Tough working by yoursel

Especially when you're the photographer too.  Thanks for pix.  Always interesting.  Can't wait to see it in operation.
HM126

Kbeitz

We have had some super days this week. I got so much to do. I want to see it work to but I want to make some different hold down clamps for the mill before I give it a try. My new toy Bobcat skidsteer has taken my time lately.
I did put my new carb on the Honda mill engine. Runs so much better. Today I had to go get another two loads of free Walnut logs. Busy time of year... Oh... I seen my first spring Robin today...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

btulloh

I can see making the Bobcat a priority.  You'll use that everyday.  Good score on that.  Once again, I'm jealous.  :)
HM126

justallan1

What's the good word..... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Kbeitz

Still waiting on E-bay for my hold down clamps....
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Clamps should be here Monday. Then I need to make the base for the clamps to fit on my mill.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ljohnsaw

We will soon see, but why couldn't you use your log stop/log clamps that you already have?  Certainly your slabs are going to be more than 1½", right?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Kbeitz

I could but this was part of my build. I want to finish before I try everything out...
Theses new clamps will have a small tilt in them to help hold the slabs down tight to the tracking. It's also only been in the low 30's here with snow on the ground and I'm not ready to play in the cold.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

Aren't you better off letting the slabs float on the first side cut so they are flat when done. I use wood shingles to shim the low spots on my cnc router and then just plane the other side parallel to get a perfectly flat slab. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Kbeitz

Until I cut my first slab I don't want anything floating until I see whats going to happen when the bit hits the wood.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ljohnsaw

Well, my one and only slab was big - 90"+x42" and 3-¼" thick.  I used a Porter Cable 3+ variable speed router with a 3½" bit.  No clamps, no problems.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Kbeitz

Quote from: ljohnsaw on March 08, 2018, 09:45:22 AM
Well, my one and only slab was big - 90"+x42" and 3-¼" thick.  I used a Porter Cable 3+ variable speed router with a 3½" bit.  No clamps, no problems.
Could you show us what bit you used ?
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!