iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily Fabrication Thread

Started by mike_belben, January 29, 2018, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Is it the torx head screws?  I have to do that every few months or lose 1st and park. 
Praise The Lord

mudfarmer

That's it Mike. T30 I think? This is the first time and last truck never did it. I put some lock washers on to see if that fixes it  ???

sumday

That's a common thing with super duties and excursions. I've done mine a few times in 455k + miles. Probably needs it again but I'm procrastinating.

HemlockKing

Quote from: sumday on December 30, 2021, 05:38:50 PM
That's a common thing with super duties and excursions. I've done mine a few times in 455k + miles. Probably needs it again but I'm procrastinating.
Dang you got 455k on a super duty? Impressive
A1

sumday

Actually on my 2000 7.3 excursion. Have two, one has 390k something and the other has 456+ actually. Still pulling dump trailers and the skid steer etc every day in my construction biz. Been great trucks so far.

mudfarmer

Interesting, I wonder if it is only certain years? This one is a 99, last was 06.

Would like it to never happen again! The other day the wife took a load, it sucked directing her over the phone. "Ok so the master disconnect is over there, no not there, over there. Ok so you have to push the key in a little as you turn or it won't move. Ok now shift into neutral, that is why it won't start. The line won't match the N so watch the reverse lights in the mirror on the transfer tank behind the truck, when they go off you probably hit neutral. No, you have to step on the brake to shift. Have fun"  ;D

sumday

Usually you can just lift up on the gear selector with the left hand while turning the key with the right

mudfarmer

That worked for a while but I procrastinated too!

mike_belben

:D
Sad cuz its about 40 seconds once you got the flashlight and the tool.  I didnt even look into it until the truck rolled in park.  

Now if i knew what the rattle in the front left corner is.  Seemed like headlight which is wobbly despite being completely mounted. but i wedged that with cardboard in the seam and no change. 
Praise The Lord

sumday

Not sure what your truck is Mike but if it's a 99+ 250/350/excursion I've had many a rattle from the front locking hubs. Finally replaced them with Warn. No more rattle.

mike_belben

Mine is an 01 F250 SRW.  sounds like bodywork rattle to me but i dunno.  

Did the bad hub feel funny?  What was the giveaway?  Mine work fine
Praise The Lord

chevytaHOE5674

Your guys problem is your SD trucks don't have a 3rd pedal and the shifter on the floor where it needs to be. LoL

mudfarmer

For what I paid it is amazing the thing had pedals at all!!  8)

Walnut Beast

Idea for some of you guys with a excavator. A guy had this made and splits logs like butter

aigheadish

That thing is a beast Walnut! 

I was wondering about splitting wood with my backhoe? I don't have huge use for it but I've got to imagine if I created something that looked similar to that and figured out a way to strap it to the bottom of the hoe bucket it'd work, but I'm not sure. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Crusarius

that thing is sweet!!!! I wonder if it could split tree stumps and make pulling them out easier.

mike_belben

I saw a similar one on youtube for a fixed thumb and more of a roller on the bucket pivot.  Worked good in wood that pops but in stuff that binds on like gum i think pieces would get stuck on.  The stroke is shorter than the piece and once you use it up thats it.   Since that one is a live thumb it shouldnt have that issue.
Praise The Lord

Hilltop366

Another approach, could be on a backhoe or excavator boom as well.

Wood processor - YouTube

Crusarius

now that is the only way to make firewood!!! I think the bottom plate needs some reinforcing though!

thecfarm

Quote from: Crusarius on January 07, 2022, 11:46:05 AM
now that is the only way to make firewood!!!      
I agree fully.
Want to make sure you always start on the big end.
Like that thumb idea too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

I wonder what the loop on the other side is for? maybe holding locks to buck to length?

or maybe something as simple as a stand?

thecfarm

Maybe a gauge? If It Fits, It Splits.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Don't they have any big trees over there? 
I know, the show is better with small wood.   ;)

Walnut Beast

Log trailer is ready to go. New bearings, races, seals, new tires. It had 15" wheels and changed to some 16" Willys wheels I had with two new old stock tires on the rear so just needed to buy two. 

Thank You Sponsors!