iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Author Topic: The OWB won  (Read 865 times)

Online lxskllr

• dummy with saw
    • Share Post
Re: The OWB won
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 06:20:44 PM »
Update on it.... doing well and usable but if my hands get cold outside it hurts like a toothache. not sure whats up with that.  :(
Mine were doing that too. Seems to get better after a couple weeks. I have a bandaid on mine now. The nail's half off, and I don't want it ripped off before it's all ready to let go.

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
It amazes me how long it takes for a nail to regrow
There is a time proven way to make the nail grow faster but you need a special recipe:

"Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake; Eye of Newt,  and toe of frog, Wool of bat and tongue of dog, Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."
And now I know why you're called the Magicman!
Too many irons in the fire

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Share Post
    • Dave and Joan's sugarhouse web site
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »
I caught a finger nail in the tail gate of dump truck when I was in high school. I didn't do it, but a doctor drilled a small hole to relieve the pain, it got better instantly. Before he did it I remember feeling every heart beat.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed,  Peterson ATS upgraded to WPF mill, maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »
I once closed the back door on a 1950 Ford on my thumb.  Had to take the other hand and open the door before I could get it out.  It got drilled with a pocket knife.

Nice catch, JJ.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »
My entire career was in machine shops with all kind of ways to get hurt but my most serious accident was with a 24OZ ball peen hammer. I was driving 3/8" dowel pins into steel and with a good swing the pin kicked away and I wacked my thumb, broken bone, 5 stiches, and lost the nail. I didn't need to drill that one it was self relieved.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter