iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sycamore project #3

Started by customsawyer, April 01, 2014, 04:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoods sawyer

Now Jake wasn't it your stack that was missing about 1,750 bft of stickers ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

hackberry jake

Quote from: backwoods sawyer on June 02, 2014, 10:50:24 PM
Now Jake wasn't it your stack that was missing about 1,750 bft of stickers ;D
you mean this one?

I never got around to restacking it and it dried perfectly flat. (got lucky)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Then it surely wasn't pecan ( smiley_devil) ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Good lumber will dry straight.  Bad lumber, even if meticulously stickered will not. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Those piles were about 12' from the shop. They were just waiting to go to the kiln.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gadrock

While over in Ga. we had some water jugs with a purple type drink. Personally I dislike the Gatorade stuff but enjoyed the drink that Jake had.

Does anyone know what type stuff that was? It was not too sweet, not to syrup-ie, but jus...right!
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

You drank da blade lube??  ??? :o  You will be glowing in da dark.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

customsawyer

They have published the article in the local newspaper. You should be able to find it www.courier-herald.com. The publish date is June 4 2014. I don't know if this link works for anyone but if not google it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It won't come up Jake but I'll google it.

I may be wrong but it looks like if we want to read it, we'll have to subscribe for 1 day at 99 cents.

customsawyer

I think I have it fixed now. Try it again.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on June 04, 2014, 08:25:23 PM
I think I have it fixed now. Try it again.

I can pull it up....and it shows the front page. I can make out the pictures of you and others but they want you to subscribe to really see it good. Looks like its a REAL GOOD write up!

customsawyer

I am computer illiterate so you guys will have to deal with Danny.  :D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on June 04, 2014, 08:34:28 PM
I am computer illiterate so you guys will have to deal with Danny.  :D

I wanna buy the paper Jake!!!! Send me your credit card number.  ;D

Nomad

Yup.  You can make out the picture, but if you want to read the article you have to order a subscription.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Bill Gaiche

Jake may have made it out of Poke Berries. bg

WDH

Maybe, but he still has some poke berry juice stains on him  :D :D,. 

Gadrock

You guys do not realize that I am waaaay too sensitive to be dealing with yall.
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Mooseherder

Was there a picture of a funny looking feller on the package with tights on and a Pitcher around his waist? ;D

Magicman

Quote from: Gadrock on June 05, 2014, 10:20:51 AMYou guys do not realize that I am waaaay too sensitive to be dealing with yall. 
Quotebent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Yeah right!  Like you can't dish it out too.   :D

DanG

I think Gadrock has a B.S., M.S. and maybe a Piled Higher and Deeper in Sensitivity.  :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!