iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2024 ??

Started by Magicman, December 31, 2023, 05:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Bruno

Copy the code under your pic and paste it in your post, another way.

Are the trusses holding up your sawmill shed roof okay?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peter Drouin

That's a big log Bruno. I do my best to stay away from them. ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WV Sawmiller

I plan to keep one that size to saw as a test log the next time the WM service loop team comes to service my mill. No more of these 12" green 8' long tulip poplar logs. From now on it's gonna be real world test logs!  ffcheesy
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I sawed a kinda small Cherrybark Red Oak job today.
IMG_5258.JPGFourteen  8' & 10' logs but I culled three of them because they would not have made quality lumber.  It's tougher to make good production with these shorter logs. 
IMG_5259.JPG
We had finished sawing @2:30 so not a bad partial day of sawing.  1318 bf of 1X6, 1X8, 1X10, & 1X12's. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

I don't know how to copy and paste 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

doc henderson

Right clic over a phrase (highlighting the part you want) or image and clic "copy" in the drop down.  then put the cursor in the area you want to put it, right clic and select "paste".  it will place a copy there.  this includes the picture url.  If you want to move something, clic "cut" in the drop down and it will remove from the original spot and place it in the new spot by right clic and select "paste".
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

moodnacreek

Quote from: doc henderson on February 29, 2024, 08:39:14 AMRight clic over a phrase (highlighting the part you want) or image and clic "copy" in the drop down.  then put the cursor in the area you want to put it, right clic and select "paste".  it will place a copy there.  this includes the picture url.  If you want to move something, clic "cut" in the drop down and it will remove from the original spot and place it in the new spot by right clic and select "paste".
I would have to be shown. Non of those terms mean a thing to me. No offence . When others where learning this computer stuff I was working on one of my sawmills every night.

doc henderson

the clic refers to the mouse with a left and right button.  glad to help, but may be easier to ask a local friend.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Mooseherder

Mooseherder

Resizing picture on Android phones. 
Edit:  Select 20 % for uploading to the FF.

okmulch

I sawed 4 logs into 51  1x12's of eastern red cedar. 
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Jeff

Those Cedar logs must of been dandies!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

okmulch

Jeff they were el primo logs and I got el primo price! 
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Magicman

Logs large enough to produce defect free lumber like that deserve the "el primo" moniker.  :thumbsup:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!