iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Seems the normal pattern of afternoon thunderstorms is back with us this year in the southern region of Florida.
It has been a few years where we experienced several droughts so we are happy to see some normalcy.  My pond is high but our canal which is controlled by SF Water Mgm. Dist. Is almost bone dry.  The canal creates a super highway for alligators and my wife saw another enter our pond yesterday. 
The canal bank is about 12 feet and almost 90 degrees incline so gators sure know how to climb.
I think this storm is gonna be nothing more than a wet day event.

Warbird

Noooooooooooooo!

September snowfall closes Denali Park road
http://newsminer.com/bookmark/20061261/article-Early

Nooooooooooooooo!  (local weather report for tonight)

QuoteTonight: Mostly cloudy. Isolated rain showers this evening. Isolated rain or snow showers over higher terrain after midnight. Snow level around 3300 ft this evening lowering to 2300 ft by morning. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Local gusts to 25 mph this evening.

thecfarm

There is no stopping it. Temps are still warm here.There has only been a couple times that if I was not working I would need something more on than a t shirt. But I can see fall in the plants and my garden.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Yeah, I know.  Still, I'm not ready for winter yet.  It's 34 degrees at the house this morning and only supposed to get into the 50's today.  *sigh*  I know that in a couple of months, this will seem like t-shirt weather but bleh.  I need another month of summer.

This whine brought to you by the "Warbird for a longer Alaskan summer campaign."

thecfarm

I went into town to sell some produce. Bank said it was 94. I only had a high of 82 here.Things will happen here pretty quick. Kinda felt muggy here today even.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kansas

Its typical Kansas here. After 100 degree temps, its suppose to drop to 49 tonight.

Autocar

It started rainning and storms later all night long last night. I walked down the drive this morning and it was 53 degrees and the rain gage said two and a half inches. I went up north to cruse some timber this morning and jumped a creek that was running water and when I came back it was to high to jump so I ended up walking around the woods to the road and crossed the bridge to get back to my truck on the side road. Air is cool and fresh fall is in the air for sure.
Bill

Warbird

28 degrees here this morning.  Hard frost.  Flowers are dead.  That said, it is a beautiful sun shiny day today.

Kansas, did it actually drop as low as predicted for you guys last night?

OneWithWood

Things are definately happening on a different time table than before.  The persimmons are falling and they are ripe and yummy!  Usually not ripe until after the first frost!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

Was 50 this morning, but never got above the mid 60's. Calling for sun and close to 70 the rest of week. In the 40's at night.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

That sounds like perfect weather SD!

SwampDonkey

Not too shabby for bush whack'n. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We had temps in the high 70's around high noon than the temp started dropping. I was outside and felt it getting cold. When I checked around 2 it was down to 62. I probably will have to pull out a sweat tomorrow morning.

sandhills

Swamp Donkey, when my south 40 gets up there would you mind boxing it back up and sending it back to me?  This wind is ridiculous and suppose to keep up for a few days  :-\. Temps in the lower to mid 80s which is a lot nicer than last week in the 100s.

JohnM

Down to 41F last night and 61 in the house.  Bright and sunny out but fired up the woodstove for the first time this season just to take the edge off in the house.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

SwampDonkey

Was cool and windy today, but heading back up into the 70's tomorrow. House never got chilly. If I had a fire in here I would be melted. :D

sawguy21

The seasons are completely out of whack here. We had one of the coldest, wettest Junes on record but very warm and dry since. Right now it is 22C here, about 76F, and supposed to be 25 later. Forestry is being kept very busy with fires.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

chevytaHOE5674

End of last week was in the low 50's with frost a few nights, the weekend has been in the mid 70's both days with lows in the 40's. Now they are talking low 50's and upper 40's for this week with rain and maybe some snow as it cools off into the mid 30's at night....

Looks like fall is here, trying to get tons of projects done before winter but may have to put some on hold until spring to allow time to finish others up...

Woodhauler

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on September 16, 2012, 04:45:41 PM
End of last week was in the low 50's with frost a few nights, the weekend has been in the mid 70's both days with lows in the 40's. Now they are talking low 50's and upper 40's for this week with rain and maybe some snow as it cools off into the mid 30's at night....

Looks like fall is here, trying to get tons of projects done before winter but may have to put some on hold until spring to allow time to finish others up...
bring on the white stuff! I make more money and have alot better time in the winter!  Ice fish and snowmobiling!  And a few nights spent on the ice fishing/ drinking!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

Today at high noon was the first day that if I was not working I would of wanted something heavy on. Wind was blowing,but this was kinda a cool wind.
Woodhauler,the only thing I like about snow is it keeps the population down.  :D And sledding.  ;D

pep

Frost here yesterday morning, temp was 2C., warmed up to 20C.
Supposed to rain all week. 

Cheers

Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

Magicman

We have heavy rain coming for today, so it looks like a washout for sure.

But......Four weeks from Thursday and we will be in Colorado !!!      8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Magic if I was you I'd have that down to days, hours, and minutes by now  :).  Cooler and windy as usual here but at least it's cooler, keep getting good chances for rain but it still seems to miss us.

chevytaHOE5674

Its a Balmy 49* and raining right now.  8)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Right now, it's 66°. humid, windy and the rain is coming down at an angle and POURING!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!