iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Had 3/10 rain yesterday, sun today, and showers Wednesday to Friday on the way. Sun for a few days into next week. ;D

Stationary cold front to our SW keeping it cool up here and all the heat to the south. ;D

Gander, NFLD had 2 feet of snow land over the weekend. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Raining here now, was up at 4 and no rain. Have no idea when it started and have no idea when it will stop.  ;D  High today is 55.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I have not seen the sun yet, but apparently will appear by afternoon. All we have been getting is a 'Scottish Mist'.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

A balmy 97 and sunny. 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

44° here with lots of rain coming down. Getting close to 3 inches of rain since last Thursday. Fields were almost dry enough to get equipment on and now they are so wet the geese and ducks are landing out there. Going out of town for a few days next week so hopefully when we return on June 4th its dry enough to get working. The tractors are fueled up, grain drill is full of seed and ready to go just waiting on mother nature...

WDH

3 shirt day.  Hot and humid.  90 degrees. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

We are beginning to see the south end of the front that did Oklahoma, y'all in Louisiana and Mississippi will see it by Thusday.  I am sticking close to the radar till late tonight, and again tomorrow.  Not as bad as up north, but a rough dude.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

drobertson

Reading the first post from Aug, 2008,  "these storms seem to be getting stronger"   It just seems like all these super cells are just plain flat bad news for the folks that find themselves under them,  we had some close ones last night, thankfully they just faded to heavy rain and winds that passed.  My heart goes out for the folks that are now in the battle of recovery and restoration.  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

Check out the great tornado of 1925. 300 mile path, hundreds killed. This is nothing new. Just tough when you get hit. I lived in tornado alley for a lot of my life.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

I just let the dogs out and it's raining again. Rained just about all morning and off and on through out the afternoon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sun was out yesterday afternoon and the grass dried out to mow, so everyone around me was mowing their lawns. It did reach 65 yesterday. Suppose to be wet into Monday now.  In the 70's for Thursday as that front breaks loose and moves north of us with warm air, but then colder again as it droops back down by Friday below us. ;D

thecfarm

Still a raining here. I think Memorial Weekend is going to be real nice. Kinda like the start of summer for the Summer People.

Edit at 8:00. It stopped raining. I better get out there before it starts again.

mesquite buckeye

101 and breezy. It's summer here. :'( :snowball:

chevytaHOE5674

39° and rainy here. Supposed to "cool off" tonight and the rain could mix with a little snow. Then clear and chilly tomorrow with lows tomorrow night forecast to drop into the mid to upper 20's.... Just can't catch a break of nice weather UP here this year.

SwampDonkey

1/10" this morning from showers, 54F.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Raider Bill on May 22, 2013, 01:18:01 PM
82 and sunny 8)

Yes, but soon you will be 103 and 95% humidity, while we we only be 112 with 5% humidity.

Never mind, don't know for sure which is worse. Good saguaro and mesquite growing weather though. They are super happy and growing fast. ;D ;D ;D :'(

Raider Bill

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on May 22, 2013, 01:48:44 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on May 22, 2013, 01:18:01 PM
82 and sunny 8)

Yes, but soon you will be 103 and 95% humidity, while we we only be 112 with 5% humidity.

Never mind, don't know for sure which is worse. Good saguaro and mesquite growing weather though. They are super happy and growing fast. ;D ;D ;D :'(

We've been lucky so far, coolish temps and low humidity.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

SwampDonkey

:D :D Those temps just send bad chills up my spine. :D :D

mesquite buckeye

When it is bad, it is like standing between 2 fires, one the burning sun, the other the heat coming back off the ground. Soil surface temperatures go to about 160°. Inside our greenhouses it is between 130 and 140°. Really have to watch hydration and heat exhaustion and sunstroke issues. 2000 dead international hikers found in the deserts near here in the last 10 years. :-\

Warbird

Summer finally showed up, here.  Finally getting into the 60's.

mesquite buckeye

How bout we send you our 100's and you send your 60's and we will both be in the 80's ;D 8) 8) 8)

thecfarm

Raining again.
I'm starting to sound like mesquite buckeye with his 86° and sunny forcast.  :D

sandhills

Nah you're just sounding like your neighbor SD  :).  We can't seem to get a good rain here yet, about 1/2" over the last week with a lot of drizzle.  Temps are cool but better than the 101 we had last week!

Brucer

Late April and the first half of May were unusually hot and dry this year. Bright sun and temperatures in the low thirties (that's low-nineties  in °F), no rain, and wildfire danger rating climbing toward "high"  ???.

Then it got a lot cooler, with a little rain to dampen things :).

Last night we got an inch and a half of rain :(.

All day today it has been snowing. The snow is no longer melting on contact ... it's starting to accumulate >:( :o.

My winter sawing gear is all put away so I stayed home :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!